Chapter 33- The Warning.

A sword pointed at my neck.

Darivarr cursed. But that was all he could do, with the sword at my neck, if he tried moving even a bit, I could be dead.

I looked at the person threatening me.....woah, the first thing that came to my mind was that he was really, really tall....and buff...and naked, almost.

All he wore was a Greek style kilt that covered his lower body to the wrists and to his knees, with those horrible Greeky boots. He also had golden bands on his waist and his upper arms. I immediately knew this guy was important. My eyes reached his face, he was a handsome one. Nothing compared to Nikolai but handsome all the same....really handsome, I mean. He had a face you'd see in museums, on Greek statues, carved out of stone. With full lips and brilliant golden eyes. Nice....But Not as nice as Nikolai. Or maybe it was just me.

This guys has to have a Greek name....something old. Like Hercules, Theseus, Perseus or Par-

-"Prince Paris!" I heard the tall one exclaim from behind me.

There you go. Paris. Old and Greek. It suited him.

"Stay back, general. I will execute the threat to our people right now."

The General put her hand on the sword. " The Demon Queen comes in peace."

"She better be. I will slaughter her and not blink an eye."

My anger rose. "The way you threaten me says that you don't know how strong I am."

Paris looked at me, a sneer on his face. "I heard all about you, vampire. Of how you tried to kill your own king. Let me tell you, that kind of behaviour is not accepted her. "

I opened my mouth to give him a piece of my mind but Darivarr wisely stepped foreward.

"Prince Paris, the wolf who moved a mountain. We are quite aware of you too....and of how you caused you're sister to be cursed. Not very brave was she? "

Paris snapped his head towards Darivarr and growled. "Do not speak of Callimera."

"Do not speak of Nikolai." I snapped back. Then composed myself with all my graceful upbringing.

"I come in peace and to offer an alliance, I will speak only to the King and the Queen."

The General found a way to avoid a fight by nodding and bowing. "This way. This way." She said.

We walked away from Paris as he glared at us. Only then did I finally look at my surrounding.
.
.
.
.

I caught my breath.

I could smell the enchantment in the air. The whole island was brimming with it. I was standing in the middle of a market full of all kinds of clothes, in all kinds of colours.

People milled around, ignoring us. They brought clothes, sold clothes, some had children with them, while some had lovers. And they didn't consist if a duo, I spotted two men and one woman, sitting on a bench....in a compromised position.

They did it freely, for everyone to see, and nobody judged them for it.

The market aside, tall trees loomed around the market, it was situated in the middle of a clearing. Around the market, the trees consisted of bluish barks and maroon leaves.....It was so beautiful...as beautiful as the land of the Dragons, Aurora.

It had the one thing....The one thing Aurora lacked. I couldn't put my finger on it. This one thing made the Floating islands way more appealing than Aurora.

"You're home is beautiful." I whispered.

The General smiled. " All roses have thorns, my lady. Werecats and Werewolves live together in peace and harmony on this island, without any judgement, full of love. But we are still cursed. "

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Cursed? How?"

"Callimera is cursed to sing at dawn. Our Queen, Seraphone, is cursed to never feel love....When the Goddess Renmisia died, she cursed the Thunderfist line for abandoning her and securing themselves on this island.....The Royal line consists of Thunderfist, every small mistake....leads to a life time of pain and suffering."

She lead me through the market as I thought about what she told me. Renmisia was the Goddess and the first Dire Wolf. She had gone into an endless slumber and turned into stone a few years ago....I mulled over how I could help these people. I wanted to earn that alliance.....and I felt bad for the Thunderfist pack.

Queen Seraphone....to never fall in love, even though my love for Nikolai might've been fake and induced by some powers at work, I could never imagine not loving someone. To live a cold and empty life.....

Maybe I could do somethi-

---

A tall red haired man stood at a balcony overlooking a maroon forest.

"She will never love you, Pallas."

The red haired man turned. He had feline features, with a slightly upturned nose that made him look cute. His eyes, however were solid black. This was no pushover.

"Then I will love her enough for us both. You cannot make me change my mind, Oeard. I will not break the mating pact I have made with Seraphone, she deserves to be loved and cherished even if she cannot return the feelings."

"You are a fool." Oeard was a harsh looking man, he had a rougish face that was somewhat handsome but his face had a mean tilt to it. He was too, a feline...a Werecat.

Pallas, who I assumed was King Pallas, turned away from Oeard and looked out at the forest before him.

"I am no fool. I am the King. A King must think of all his people. Seraphone maybe the Queen to be but she is still a part of my kingdom....and I want her to be happy. "

While Pallas spoke, Oeard rummaged through his embroidered tunic to remove an emerald dagger.

He inched closer until he stood behind Pallas with the dagger raised above his back.

Pallas turned to say something but Oeard struck and plants the emerald dagger into his chest....right into his heart.

---

I came awake with a start and a gasp.

People surrounded us. The people from the market and the people who had been down with Callimera. Pisces held my hand while Darivarr had his hand on my shoulder, holding me up. I looked at their faves in surprise.

The dream still felt very real and very about to happen.

I looked at the General, she stood beside Paris and the now very present Callimera, I gave them the chilling news.

"The King is going to be murdered."