Chapter 32- End of the line.

The tall female from before greeted us as soon as we stepped off the ship.

"We have been awaiting your arrival." She said.

I nodded, but my eyes kept straying to the woman on the rock. She had stopped singing and now sat there, looking at us shyly.

"That is Callimera. She is one of the cursed people on our islands."

"Cursed?" I looked at her sharply.

She nodded, grimly. "Callimera is cursed to sing at dawn, each day until she learns to be strong. It is of no importance to you, however, come with me now." The woman turned away.

I had noticed her features, they were fine, almost Asian, her skin the colour of honey. Her hair was now covered by the helmet, a rich brown in colour.

We followed her, Pisces chattering nervously as he held on to my sleeve. Darivarr was silently taking in everything at once. The people parted for us. Some bowed at me. Some stared.

Maybe this place was different from our other allies. They would gladly accept our alliance maybe. Was it because they liked the Elves? Or the Vampires? Or the Demons? How many people was I representing anyway. Damn, or maybe they respect the Vel Miorisi name.

"They still follow Renmisia then." Darivarr mused. I sent him a curious look.

"What?"

"The werewolves living here worship Renmisia. They must have heard of your alliance with Soul Shredder. "

Oh.....well, atleast Soul Shredder's alliance was of some effect on other potential allies. I wish it had worked on Whitefang.

We soon reached the steps. The tall woman turned around. She addressed us with a proud expression on.

"These steps will lead you up to our home, Agelia. You will walk first."

That was the name. The Travelling island of Agelia. I sent Darivarr a glance and he nodded. I walked first, Pisces in the middle, Darivarr last.

Darivarr and I had been enough out of the enchantment that we had stored small daggers on our person. The werewolves here hadn't checked us for weapons, luckily.

"Here we go." I climbed up the stairs, they were dark and gloomy, carved out of stone. Rough beneath my shoes. Drops of water fell on me from above, Pisces chattered nervously as he held onto a part of my tunic.

The rest of the way got darker and darker. Only my vampire vision kept me going. "Darivarr?" I called out behind, to see if he was okay and following.

"Here. Right behind you."

I continued on. "Just up ahead." The tall one called out.

I gritted my teeth. Tired already. I looked down at the wet stairs, the ends were jagged, would cut unprotected legs.

I hoped like hell that Pisces was wearing shoes. Bit maybe this was usual for him.

At that exact time, a shaft of light came to shine on the steps in front of me. I looked up.

It was too bright to see thought, I covered my eyes with my arm.

"Keep moving. The island awaits ahead."

I gritted my teeth at the order. How dare she order me....

Pisces put his hand on my shoulder. I gritted my teeth at his silent show of understanding. I moved up.

The light enveloped us for a moment...and when I could see again, there was a sword pointing at my throat.

Sorry for the late update. I was going through a major writer's block.