Chapter 22- Butterfly

Darivarr Hawkheart^^
I always create my characters according to what picture I find on Pinterest. Just a little info to all those who wonder how my characters match the picture so much.

A female Elf stood at gate. The Gates were huge and golden. A single small gate was built in on the side to let visitors in. But otherwise as a whole, the gates were a declaration of ownership.

The female had a spear in her hand as she let selected creatures enter. A family of satyrs were let in, a lone shifter ( by the smell of him) was sent away. The elves knew the lockdown was on, and so they were letting only their allies inside.

That was just like them. Would they turn away a family of Shifters, too? With the children?

They weren't on talking terms with the Werewolves and the Werecats because the Werewolves were ill treating the Elder species and the Werecats were allies of the Werewolves. I shot the gates a distasteful look.

Elves aren't very good at maintaining relationships.

I urged my horse ahead, cutting the line waiting at the entrance. The creatures groaned.

Pisces explained something to them as I dismounted.

The Female's eyes widened. She pointed her spear at me. "Vampires are not allowed inside."

I caught the end of her spear and pointed it up at my crown. "I come as the Demon Queen. Would you really want to attack your allies?"

She wisely lowered her spear but, looked uneasy.

The gate suddenly opened and a male Elf emerged.

He was tall and lanky with short spiky, red hair and sparkling blue eyes. He wasn't the average regal, priggish Elf. His hair was shaved from the sides and he had a scar on the brig of his nose, also on his upper lip, along with a couple of piercings. I immediately knew that he was an outcast among the elves as they were all old fashioned morons.

He was wearing a dark blue vest that bared his equally scarred arms and a light blue scarf, paired with black jeans and boots, everything about him screamed 'Bad Boy' . However, he carried himself with all the bearing of royalty and was obviously one of the higher ups.

"Daramon has given special orders to let her in." He pointed at me, usually I would bristle at the way he pointed and addressed me but I let it slide as I sensed that he was this way with everyone.

The female reluctantly let me pass. Pisces followed without conflict. I entered through the gates and gasped at the view.

Trees lined a road that led up to a mansion that was barely visible from here. They were the sacred Palm Willows, towering over the usual Trees, their leaves were white, the barks of the trees dark brown. Flowers bloomed on them, a pale pink.

"You can gape at it later, if they haven't kicked you out, yet."
The punk Elf drawled.

I turned my gaze to him. "I am Lunia Shizkov, the Queen of Dinhae."

He inclined his head. "Daramon suspected you were going to show up. "

He called him by name instead of 'Sire' or 'Lord', I knew now, that he was a part of the Hawkhear royalty.

He must 've seen something in my eyes because he smiled and said, "I'm Darivarr Hawkheart, the Prince of the Hawkheart Clan. You won't know me, they try to keep my existence a secret." He shrugged.

I looked towards the mansion. "Daramon Hawkheart is your brother?"

He nodded after a pause. "I'm the youngest in the family, yes. Usually sent out to fight, as you can see from my face. And usually trying to put them down from their high horses."

I was right then. He was a rebel. One among the Elves who wasn't an entitled prick.

We then continued up towards the mansion in silence. It looked like any other rich estate, the trees around the mansion were young, just planted.

Elves hovered around the mansion, mostly male. They pointed at Me, sone made rude gestures, some to ward off evil.

Guess they still called me Vel Miorisi.

I dismounted from my steed and a random Elf quickly took it away. Pisces did the same. Darivarr led us through the Victorian doors, through a passage with many rooms.

Pisces' footsteps echoes with a wet slop. I saw a nearby stationed maid grimace in revulsion. On the inside, it made me feel good. Take that, uppity bitches.

Darivarr tensed when he saw a female exit of the rooms, she was a pretty one, short and perky with red sleek hair, though she looked approachable, she had an air of sophistication around her that me, after being a princess couldn't manage to keep.

"Welcome....Demonkin." She nodded at me and Pisces. I manipulated my horns to look a little more intimidating.

"It's Queen Lunia, I am here to see Daramon Hawkheart." I said, raising my chin a bit.

"It's Lord Daramon, he is not seeing anyone right, now." She shot back. Immediately, I knew that she was someone high up in the system. Someone with power.

I narrowed my eyes. "Lord of what? My father's land which he gave to Hawkheart as charity? I don't think so. I have come representing tHe Demons but I also speak for your allies the Vampires. Daramon better be receiving."

She narrowed her gaze, too. Her face turning red. She turned and entered the room, leaving the door open behind her.

Darivarr nodded at the open door. "After you, Queen Lunia. "

I entered the room. Then I closed my eyes to adjust to the darkness.

The room was as posh as the mansion. A desk and two antique couches were the only furniture occupying the room.

One single window lay open and was the only source of light in the room. Daramon Hawkheart stood in the dark corner of his desk. His shirt was unbuttoned and his visage was pale.

He flowered at me. "I'm not meeting anyone. Please, leave."

I raised an eyebrow. "I will not leave until I have answers....Traitor."

The female gasped. Darivarr straightened.

I smirked, Pius style.

In my mind, I imagined a butterfly opening its wings forfor He first time. It was my time to shine.