Chapter 9- Under the hood

"Whoa!" I shouted as I tumbled down but before hitting the ground I morphed into a black cat, so I landed on my paws.

I looked up at the two men standing there, holding swords aimed at me.

"It's just a cat." The first guy said

"It's pretty sure I heard a 'Whoa'." The second replied.

I sniffed the air. Vampires.

Joy filled me as I morphed back into a demon, the wife of the farmer, this time.

The two vampires stared open mouthed...I might have added a little of my own touch ups. I stood up straight, got into my high class bitch pose and grinned at them, putting an arm on my hip.

"Boys...take me to my father."

-----

Two hooded figures waited in a darkened hallway.

"Where is she?" The one on the left asked. He had a male's  rough voice, it was low, hushed. He was also tall and broad shouldered below the cloak.

"She'll be here soon." The female on the left replied. They waited in silence for a minute before patience ran out and the male started tapping his foot on the floor of the hallway.

"Was it really necessary to add her into our plan?" He asked.

"She's our messenger. And people would think she's too dumb to plan something so big."

"But Dimitri's onto us. He's kept you and Alicia under solitary confinement."

"He's onto us but not onto you."

"He would never suspect that it was me. He trusts me."

There was silence again, that was then interrupted by the sounds of hurried footsteps.

"Someone's coming! Hide us." The male commanded.

A shadowy hand peeked out from the female's hodded robe's sleeve and touched the male's shoulder. They both disappeared into shadows. 

Another female came into view, her snake like face relaxed.
"Looks like I'm early." She said to herself. She wore a similar robe but her hood was down, revealing her reptilian face.

The two suddenly appeared in front of her. She squeaked loudly.

"Shush! You'll get us all caught!" The male said, sharply.

"Sorry! Don't sneak up on me!"

"Did you enter the castle like that? With you're hood down?" The female asked, unraveling her own face.

It was Lucelle Shizkov. Alexei's wife and a known traitor to the demons. She waved her hand.

"Forget it, nobody would recognise your face. We employed several servants that looked just like you."

"You did? Were they from Marenbade town? My cousin live there. I heard cousin Sherry got a new job."

"Munroe, we're not here to chat about cousin Sherry. We need to plan further. Come on." She pointed at the door, they stood ahead of.

They nodded at each other and entered the room.

It was a gloomy room, it smelled of sickness and medicine. A frail female laid on the queen sized bed that was the only piece of furniture in the room.

"Who is it?" She asked weakly.

They walked closer to the bed, coming into her view.

"Lucelle, thank the gods...is he with you..?"