Chapter 20- Surprise

Sorry, PrettyGirlsRock1126 I couldn't find another picture of Pius.

The King's guard rode behind Hanes as he made his way through the streets of Sohue.

Sohue's capital, Mirai, was a vibrant city filled with various cultural activity. Vampires were in abundance, however, many other creatures were mixed among the crowd.

A group of tree nymphs were buying trinklets at a stall. A family of five, Werecats by the appearance of the youngest one were carrying suitcases towards a jeep.

A group of college students were dressed in swimsuits headed towards a bus.

They all pointed fingers at the King as he passed by. Coming out in his full battle armour must have been a sign of distress to some. The nymphs quickly shuffled away. The family of Werecats drove away. Some shop keepers started closing their shops, collecting their wares.

Hanes nodded at one of the guards.

The guard came foreward, clearing his throat. "All citizens and visitors of Sohue, please come at attention."

Silence. The people starred in anticipation. A few Vampires came foreward to listen more closely.

"War is upon us. The stand-in for King Nikolai Shizkov of the Demonkin has declared that we, the Vampires have given refuge to the kidnapper of the King. Sohue will be sealed off to all who wish to visit. From this day on, let it be known that Sohue is under seige. "

The last word wasn't even over before the people started rushing. The tourists panicked, not knowing what to do. The Vampires, however were well acquainted with the war and shuffled off with grim faces.

Hanes wished he could protect his people from war but all Kings wished that and the only way to accomplish it was being wise and knowing you're enemy.

Hanes hhad just begun his descent down the streets of Mirai towards Theteyas, when he was intercepted by a royal servant.

It was a young girl, she rode a mare and looked barely old enough to work. Did war mean that the young and the aged would have to fight for their lives again? Would his great grandson have to fight?

The girl brought him a scroll. "It is from the Demon Queen."

Lunia...He took the scroll, the Kings guard escorted the girl away. "Follow her back and ensure that she reaches safely." He told one of the guards.

The command was followed. Hanes opened the scroll.

'Dear Father,

I am the Demon Queen, creating treaties for my Kingdom is my responsibility to secure my people's future. I request you to return to the castle as I, myself go out to confront the ones that stand to betray you. The Demons will pose us no harm if our allies stand to protect us.

Daramon Hawkheart owes me a favour and I'll see what to do with Whitefang. Come home and prepare for the bigger threat.

Yours Truly, Lunia Shizkov of the Demonkin.'

It hurt him to read her title. Of what he had made her but pride burned its way through him. His daughter was not a little girl anymore.

He turned towards his guards.

"Turn back, the Queen wishes to lead the quest."

---

Catra and Penelope got me ready for the ride to Theteyas. Penelope's son, who's name I learnt was Jonathan, played with Peter on a big yellow mat while their mamas made me look worthy of being a Queen.