Chapter 34- The Welcome.

We reached right on time.

The red haired King stood at the balcony, his back to us and Oeard stood behind him, the emerald dagger raised above his back.

"Pallas!"

The king turned just in time to block the dagger, he pushed Oeard away and threw the dagger aside, his eyes wide in outrage and disbelief.

The General and Paris immediately captured Oeard.

Callimera rushed to his side. "Oeard? Explain yourself! How could you try to kill the King?"

She looked close to tears, her beautiful face crumpled in disbelief and fear....it wasn't fear for herself but...for Oeard.

" Callie, step away from him. " Paris tried to push her back.

"Oeard?"

Oeard, I still didn't know his last name and I still didn't know who he really was in the Castle. Obviously, he was quite close to the King to be trusted in a room alone with him.

Oeard looked destroyed and angered at the same time.

He struggled to get free of Paris' muscled arms. "I wanted to marry Callimera and everyone knows she's Pallas' dear sister in law, he's protective of her, he'd never let me marry her.....I did it for love! Only for love!"

Paris chocked him with a muscled arm. "You bastard! Callie is thirty years younger than you! "

Callimera cried out and tried to press Paris' hand away. "No, please! Paris, we love each other!"

People gasped. I think I might've been one of them.

Pallas, the red haired King caught a hold of Callimera and turned her around. Her beautiful hair blew around as she faced her brother in law.

"Are you mad? He's as old as your father would be!"

"He's my mate! The mate bond has no borders! Love has no borders!"

Pallas' face turned red with anger, he pushed Callimera aside.

"Oeard is a traitor! He has filled Callimera's fragile mind with lies and delusions! He might've even touched her!"

More gasps. This time I was surely one of them. I glared at the older man, I now noticed the wrinkles around his mouth at the crowd feet. This guy....and Callimera? It was scandalous! A young beautiful maiden, with an old leecher.....It's pretty normal for mortals but here where the old rules still applied to the royal lines, it was really scandalous.

Paris' face turned as red as Pallas', he jerked Oeard around and punched him, Callimera shrieked in fear and outrage.

"Did you touch my sister? Did you steal her maidenhead?"

He wrapped his brawny hands around Oeard's neck. The older man was foolish enough to laugh in Paris' face.

"You'll never know."

Pallas looked at Callimera. She looked away, face flaming.

"Callie?" Pallas looked at her with eyes like fire. "Tell us "

She didn't reply. "Tell me."

Callimera let out a mournful sob and ran away from the room.

"Callimera!" Oeard looked genuinely griefed to see her leave.

The General dragged him back while Paris followed his sister out.

Pallas caught Oeard by the neck. "You will pay for your attempted crime and for daring to tie yourself to Callimera. I have been good to you and you tried to kill me instead."

Oeard growled, his teeth bared. " I'm glad that your Queen is an unfeeling whore."

Pallas' face turned cold. "Take him away."

The General obeyed. Soon, the only people in the room were Darivarr, Pisces and me.

When his brilliant eyes came to me, I froze losing my diplomatic cover.

He gave me a cold smile.

"Welcome to the Floating Islands of Agelia."