Prologue

A\N: Potential triggers of trauma, assault and/or abuse my occur throughout the story. Please be advised.

A personal message to those who may relate or to those who may be affected to similar circumstances our heroine will face: I as a fellow wattpadder stands with you and I send my prayers and thoughts your way. I hope my story brings you strength or even just a simple getaway. <3

———————————————————————-

THE large black wheels slowed to a halt, as the rustling metal boxes on top shone bright through the night. Two big silver doors screeched open. Faded black dress shoes stepped down - holes on the top, strings undone and mud kissed.

Legs covered in satin pants paved way to the large lean man. His nose long and pointed, lips pressed tight in a sly grin.

The wind picked up, moving about the settled sand around him. His hands reached forward, adjusting his navy rococo regency vest - his stance unaffected by the gritty storm.

I picked myself up from my cardboard mattress. My feet slowly shuffled forward, my eyes squinting against the sand. Suddenly behind this tall dark man stepped out a large crowd.

A large woman, a muscular man, a delicate dancer, and a woman on an elephant...

"You," The man's deep voice echoed through the air. His finger pointed directly at me. My hand delicately moved away my dark strands from my face. "Darling, don't be scared. Come close."

I stepped forward and remained hidden under my dusted blankets. His dark eyes shone with curiosity as his fingers slowly traced my cold shoulder. "Come along then." He sternly stated, his hand grasping mine as he lead me into the crowd.