Two

I stood in my sheer silver dress, no shoes, and hair down. My costume.

My hands grazed the fabric, dusting away any fallen dirt or tears. I took a quick sharp breath in, my smile beginning to form just before I stepped forward into the curtains.

The Tent Band slammed against their instruments in frantic pace and energy. The audience from the show stayed behind, dancing along to the jive - Samil in the middle of the crowd along with Invidia. He laughed, arms up in the air with his head tossed back. His white cream make up was beginning to sweat off from the show, his dark black lined joker smile smudged from the women who kissed him. Invidia laughed beside him, twirling her black skirt. Her leather corset torso pressed hard against the ring leader. The purple bun loosened at the top of her head. Strands fell against her porcelain skin.

I winced as her angular brown eyes squinted my way. Her red lips closed tightly before she leaned into Samil. He scuffled his golden hair - his sweat mimicking gel.

He turned and smiled.

And as if on cue, the crowd parted. The men and women dressed in holed-stained clothing created an aisle. Our stolen grand hall chandelier, shimmered lights down towards Samil.

"My song bird!" The ring leader cried in amusement. The dusty men around him cheered, the women stepped back. His hands found my waist and pulled me in tightly. "Gentlemen! What did I tell you?! She is magical, no?" He snickered before pressing his lips against mine.

I wiped away the taste of old alcohol.

"Now go play," He whispered against my neck. Shivers crawled slowly down my back.

"Nightingale," An old man growled beside me. His grey moustache moved as his lips curled in a smile, exposing his black teeth. "Come dance with me."

Another set of hands grabbed at my waist. I turned, my face nearly kissing a set of rum drooled lips. Two more faces appeared beside him, their bowler hats hiding their dark eyes. "Nightingale, my friends would like to buy you a drink."

"Forget them," A musky breath hit my cheeks. "I've recently traded for half a bottle of cognac!"

"Cognac?!" The old moustache laughed. "No one has seen that shit in years."

Musky breath shrugged.

I smiled in a polite manner. "No drinks for me sir, but thank you."

He grimaced as the three men beside me chuckled. "How rude..." The middle rum covered man whispered.

"Just one drink," Musky breath leaned in. "Then perhaps you might get a peak at my dvds."

"Well you can't say no to that little lady, now can you?" The moustache chuckled, pushing me forward. "This man clearly has some treasures from the past."

"Perhaps we can have our own little party?!" Musk snickered. "You'd get all the attention..."

All five men leaned in. Their hands grasping my hips, my face, my waist...

They twirled around me in their drunken stupor. The music echoed in the tent. I paid no attention, all the laughter, the song and heavy moans of the five men turned to white noise.

And I focused on that white noise as they kept me on the dance floor.

~*~

Three of the five men grew bored with me, and left me alone with Moustache and Musk. They're hands and lips must have grew hungrier since the three had left. Suddenly, in a unheard agreement the two men began to lead me away from the dancing crowd. One of their hands had found it's place against my ribs, their effort to conceal their groping as a mistakenly misplaced grasp fell short. I tried to push away. But whose ever hand had a hold of my breast grew firmer.

"Sir," I whimpered. "You're hurting me."

Musk whipped his face closer to mine. "If you played along you'd enjoy it."

I continued to push. They pushed harder, their hands grasping my hips closer to theirs.

Samil must have noticed. He always watches.

"Gentlemen," He snarled - maintaining his ring leader voice. "May I steal my song bird back for a moment?"

They pouted as if their mother had taken away their toy - but let me go nonetheless as soon as Samil's brows furrowed.

"Nightingale, did they hurt you?" He whimpered, his finger caressing my lips.

I scoff. "No."

He snatched his hand away, "You know I don't like sarcasm..." He grumbled.

I shuffled uncomfortably, my bare feet feeling cold against the ground.

"I'm sorry..."

He smiled as quickly as he snapped. "Good, don't do it again."

I lowered my body, bent at the knees - as if to curtsy.

"Now, sing me one more song." He hungrily grasped me by the waist, holding me close as we dodged through the crowd.

The dancers from the first set of our show were beginning to entertain the crowd, throwing up another rehearsed number put aside for the after show parties. At Samil's request.

People began to form at the centre of the tent, making the path out of the crowd more easy. On our shuffle over, my arm grazed against Invidia. Her face hard in a frown, her lips wet from the local's brew.

"Sam," She drunkily muttered. "Walk me to my trailer."

He snatched his arm away from Invidia's grasp. "Go to bed, you're too drunk."

She faked a whimper. "But, you are too sober to be off to bed at this hour. Way too sober to be off with her..."

"Go, Invidia." He snapped, his hand growing into a fist.

"Fine."

Quickly Samil lead me out of the tent and into the rain. The mud from the overstepped field began to coat my feet. I paid no attention to that, for Samil's grip was causing more of a discomfort.

Inside his trailer - his metal 18 wheeled truck "trailer" - I welcomed the protection from the rain. I  slowed from his pace at the door way, with the intent to prolong his plan. It came with little effect.

The ring leader pressed his hard lips against mine, pushing his tongue without invitation. His hands taking hold of my wrist, dragging them up over his shoulder. With a sharp bite to my lower lip he pulled away. "Wipe your filthy feet."

Swiftly he removed the layers of his clothing, crawled comfortably into his creaky mattress and tucked his arms above his head. "Quickly." He snapped.

I managed to make my way into his make shift bathroom. A small sink and toilet, with tubing that lead out towards the outside of the truck - water came from a large plastic bin. He as assumed had the largest spouted bin of the performers.

Once the ring leader grew impatient he summoned me back to him. I swiftly began to untie the ropes of my costume.

"Darling, slowly..." He snarled.

I swallowed my nightly fear and did as told, keeping nothing but white noise in my mind.