#ThePast

Author's Note: I am not encouraging suicide cut etc. Everyone deserves to live. #AllLivesMatter. Just like SylviaAlaniz said find someone to talk to.

Comment. Vote. Judge. Follow?

It felt like I had just woken up from a nap. But instead I had numerous bright lights hitting my face. I felt weak. My vision was unclear. My skin looked whiter than Snow White's.

Dammit I'm still alive was my first thought. I thought all my sadness was going to end and I was going to magically see my grandfather. But I didn't. All I saw was weird ass figures. My eyes were trying to focus but these damn lights were getting in the way.

"Can someone get rid of these horrendous lights? I can't see shit." I said in a raspy voice. My throat was so dry.

After hearing my faint request, someone turned off the light that was hitting my face and I could see better. There was a man with a white coat, a woman with scrubs and Martin.

No Michael. 

Typical. I bet he just dropped me off again.

"Hello Mrs. Shaw, do you know where you are?" the doctor said in a calming voice.

"Call me Jeanette. And yes I know where I am" I said through a raspy voice again. My throat felt like it was dying. I needed water. And maybe some chap-stick.

"You know Jeanette you are very lucky. If your husband hadn't stopped your blood loss you would have been dead. We don't have many negative O pouches on hand so we wouldn't have been able to save you" he said bluntly.

"And where did my darling husband go? Let me guess he dropped me off?" I said in a low mocking tone.

"Well he has been staying the nights here hoping you would wake up. He's gone during the day but comes back at nights" the doctor explained.

"He's been visiting to see me?" I whispered more to myself. I was stumped. 

Why would he do that?

"Jeanette, Why would you do this? You could have died. Why would you want to leave everything behind? Your friends your family. Me. I thought this friendship meant something to you" Martin said all at once.

"It does Martin it's just... my Grandfather died." I struggled to say.

"Jeanette" he said in a sad voice and hugged me "I am so sorry for your lose."

"I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to the old Fool. He was everything to me and now he's just fucking gone. He left me and I felt so alone. I wanted to be with him again and I thought this was the best way."I sodded into his shoulder.

"Jeanette killing yourself isn't the best way. You should have talked to someone before" He said in a serious tone and broke the hug.

"You don't understand. He has been with me through everything. When my mother left. When my father hurt me. He was the only one that has never left me." I said through sniffles.

"Your right I don't understand but-" he couldn't finished because he was interrupted by the door opening. It was Michael. Everything was quiet.

"Can I talk to my wife in private?" Michael said with eyes pinned on me. That caused me to look away. My eyes were glued to my hands.

"Sure" Martin said. He gave me one last glance and left the room along with the doctor and the nurse.

"How are you?" He asked calmly as he walked over to the chair that was next to my bed.

"I'm fine... Why did you do it? Save me?" I said still avoiding his eyes.

"Because... no one deserves to die. Well at least that's what my therapist said." he said as he put his hands on top of mine.