John Shelby - 'Feel free to fucking leave'

"Dad I am not a kid anymore, I can walk around Birmingham without anyone following me around" You roll your eyes at your father who always insists him coming with you whenever you leave the house.

"You are my only child and my only worry" He sighs as he kisses your forehead.

"You are going to work anyways" you raise an eyebrow as you hand him his briefcase.

"Just be careful Y/N" He sighs and you nod your head; kissing his cheek softly.

"Have a great day father" You smile softly as he leaves the house and leaving you alone to get ready.

"Pst" You heard someone say from your window as you undid your dressing gown.

Looking out slowly, you see John throwing small pebbles at the window and whispering for your attention.

"Well, isn't it the my one and only Romeo." You tease as he looks up to you from the ground; leaning against your balcony you fold your arms.

You and John had been in a secret relationship for a year now. He was your first love, your first time and pretty much first everything. He loved you and you loved him. The two of you had been so secretive that no one knew and had not been caught out.

"Let me climb up?" He begs and you laugh at him.

"You know I can let you in?" You chuckle to the crazy man climbing up. "My father is gone and there is a door"

"It is far more romantic this way" He smirks as he climbs over the balcony side; facing you.

The wind blows open your dressing gown; leaving your body to be exposed in your skimpy night dress.

"Well sweetheart" He smirks and puts a hand on your waist. "You didn't have to get dressed up for me"

"I didn't" You smirk back and raise an eyebrow. "This is what I wear to bed."

"Not when I am here" He lifts up your night dress playfully.

"John" You gasp as he winked at you; then going and laying down on your bed.

"Come and kiss me" He groans and you walk over; straddling his waist as you sit on him.

"I have missed you" You mutter as you press your lips to his.

"I have missed you too darling" He says and flips the two of you over so he is on top of you.

"John!" You giggle as he looks down to you; pressing his lips down once more and making it a lot more intense and passionate.

"Y/N" He mutters as your run your hands through his hair; then turning over so you can move back on him again.

"So tell me about your day yesterday" You say as you get off him and go behind your changing screen.

"We went to the races" He says and You gasp; poking your head round the corner.

"And you didn't invite me?" You fake gasp, hurt that you couldn't go.

"You know I won't ever let you go to the races with me." He says as you stands in front of the screen, turning his head slightly - seeing his shadowing. "Not when we have business."

"I know" you smile as you come out all dressed for the day. "I was only joking"

"I want to take you one day" He says with a smile. "When there is no business and it is safe to do so."

You smile at the man as he puts his hands in his pockets; frowning slightly.

"And of course when your father knows about us" He says and you softly groan as you walk to your set of draws to get your hair brush. "You can't keep avoiding it Y/N. He will find out sooner or later and if he catches us, he will be hurt and you know you don't want that."

"John you know how my father feels about you lot" You say as you huff; placing the hair brush down.

"You lot?" He questions and then mockingly laughs. "Wow."

"I didn't mean it like that John." You groan and he crosses his arms.

"Then What did you mean?"

"I meant that you know my father does not want me associating with the Shelby family" You explain and John rolls his eyes; lighting a cigarette. "Especially after my mother died because of your father."

"That doesn't make me a bad person" He breathes out the smoke.

"Yes. I know that." You say in obvious tone. "But try explaining that too my father who lost his wife and Mother to his child."

"It's like you are defending him hating me" he angrily says, getting so defensive which drives you insane.

"Of course I am defending him" You snap. "I am not defending him hating you personally. But I can see why he doesn't want me to be associated with the business and its runners."

"So you don't see the point in us?" He frowns and you huff loudly.

"Why are you being so bloody pedantic" You roll your eyes and John pulls you to look at him.

"If you get why your father hates 'my people'" He snarls, freighting you. "Then why are you fucking wanting me with you."

"For a scary man" You stutter. "You really are so thick."

"Y/N!" He yells and you jump.

"John I fucking care about you." You yell back and push him back from you. "If you don't think I do, then feel free to fucking leave right now."

You point to the door as you intently watch his movements; not wanting him to leave really.

"Then I guess this is it?" He shrugs and you do the same back; wanting to scream no to him and for him to love you as much as you loved him but for some stupid reason, you couldn't.

"I guess so" You whisper to him and he looks to you as he comes closer.

"Good luck kid" He says and kisses your cheek before leaving the house.

You watch him leave from your balcony and away from your sight. Grabbing the first think that came to reach you threw it across the room.

"Fuck!" You scream and cry into your legs as you curl up into a boy. "John..."