Thomas Shelby - 'Barn'

"This is your fault." You snapped, hugging into the blanket you had brought for the picnic, but the thunder/rainstorm, put it on hold.

"I cannot control the weather sweetheart" Tommy laughs as he looks to you.

The two of you were best friends. So close, to the point you both seriously cared about one another; but neither of you admitted it. These sorts of dates were normal for you, but they seemed so harmless.

"It's going to flood." You moaned more, looking out the barn window.

You had quickly rushed into an abandoned barn, just as it started to pour down.

"Stop moaning Y/N-" Tommy sighed and sat in front of you.

"But I am wet and absolutely freezing!" Sighing you wrapped the blanket over you body; looking up to Tommy as he comes to sit by you.

"Here, come closer" He suggested, pulling you into his chest.

Putting your head on his chest, you moved closer into him; feeling his warmth take over your body gently. He intertwined his hand with yours and the two of you play with each other's hand gently and lovingly.

"How can it still be raining so hard?" You jumped, as the thunder struck and Tommy pulled you closer.

"It should clear up soon." He smiled, kissing the top of your head.

"That would be a shame..." you said to yourself, Tommy so oblivious to how much you were sort of enjoying this situation right now.

"So how's Jack?" Tommy asks. Jack was a man who you had a date with the other day, but you only did it out of spite to get Tommy back.

"He's good, I guess?" You mumbled and looked up to Tommy. "And how's Mary?"

"I don't know" he shrugs.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't know." He repeats. "I haven't seen her."

"Well, do you want to see her?" You questioned, afraid on what he might say.

"Well, no." He shakes his head, but you other think how unsure he sounded.

"Well?" You repeat him, pulling away as you shuffled to face him.

"Don't argue with me Y/N" Tommy sighed shaking his head as he lit a cigarette, before breathing out the smoke. "I just answered your question."

You folded your arms like a child.

"Maybe you would prefer it, if i was not here and you were with Mary?" You huffed.

"At this moment in time, yes." He snapped and rolled his eyes at you.

"I really do hate you." You stood up and looked around the barn, not wanting to see him at all until the rain stopped.

"I don't know why you are getting upset with me." He followed after you, not allowing it to budge. "You were the one who was all over Jack in the Garrison the other week."

"I was pissed."

"That doesn't matter."

"Well it sure does make a difference."

"Have you kissed him?"

"No!"

"Good."

"Why do you care so much?" You pokes his chest as he came closer, glaring at him as he continued to smoke away.

"I don't care." He shrugs and you roll your eyes.

"You clearly do." You argue and Tommy slowly pushes you to the barn door; throwing his cigarette to the floor.

"Why would I care?" He whispered, leaning in slightly as you put your hands against the wall to sturdy yourself.

"That's something, you should be telling me." You managed to get out, blushing as he came even more closer.

"What if I told you, I cared, because I am in love with you?" He said, but you knew he was only teasing you. Tearing up slightly in annoyance, you pushed him back and stormed away.

"You are a liar Thomas Shelby." You yelled over the rain hitting the barn very hard. "I hate you for playing with my emotions."

Opening the door, you walk outside and immediately you are drenched to the bone. Crying as you walked away from the barn, you heard your name being called out - obviously by Tommy.

"Come back inside!" He shouted but you continued to walk.

"You are going to catch a nasty cold!"

"Y/N please just come back inside!"

"Sweetheart please."

Tommy was concerned and he too, felt heartbroken that you thought he was joking about being in love with you.

The more you walked away, the colder you seemed to get. You longed to have Tommy wrap his arms around you, but you were too stubborn.

"Y/N" He yells and grabs your forearm; pulling you to him.

"Get off me!" You shout, trying to shove him back but he was too strong.

"Y/N, just listen to me." He yells over the hard rain hitting down on the two of you.

"I don't want to hear it!" You hiccuped, Crying as you watched the rain drops fall down Tommy's perfect face.

"You need too, you need to hear what I have to say." He shakes you, softly, but hard enough to get your attention.

You said nothing and allowed him to talk.

"I am in love with you." He confessed. "Every bone in my body, longs for you to be near me and for you to be mine. I hate seeing you with other men, that aren't me. But sweetheart, I really am in love you. I am in no way, playing with your emotions and everything I say and confess is so true darling - please understand that."

He cups your cheek and kisses your forehead. You looked to him in complete awe and you put your hands on his Chest.

"Why couldn't have you told me sooner?" You teased. "We wouldn't have gotten so wet."

"Some of us like to be dramatic" He laughs and you slap his chest. "But all joking aside, I really do care about you Y/N, I meant everything I said."

"I care about you too." You grinned. Getting on the tip of your toes, you cupped his face in between his hands and kissed him gently.

Tommy moved his hands to your waist and deepened the kiss; while the rain continued to poor over the two of you.

Picking you up, he took you too the barn. Not breaking the kiss, he starts to undress you, whilst you are against the wall; kissing your body as he does so.

"This will be your first and your last." He whispers in your ear; making your body shiver.

Tommy was sweet and gentle; the two of you had never felt passion like it before.

It was well worth it, even if you did end up catching colds.