Tommy Shelby - 'Graces Secret 3'

"Stay with me" Is the last thing you hear Tommy say you, before you slipped into a deal coma.

"Tommy" You cry out in pain as you open your eyes; the light shinning down on you and making you blink a few times to adjust to the light.

Sitting up, you groan in pain and clutching your hands onto your head as you look to see Tommy asleep in the chair next to you. As you try to stand up, tommy wakes up and sees you getting out.

"No, no, no!" He shakes his head and picks you up; placing you on the bed.

"Tommy" You groan.

"Did i hurt you?" He asks concerned and you shake you head no; smiling at him as he worries about you.

"No, I just want to get out" You groan, laughing slightly as you move up the bed.

"When the wound has healed." He kisses your forehead and you nod your head in reply to him.

"How long have I been out for?" You ask him and he sits in the bed with you.

"4 days" He sighs and your eyes widen.

"You can't be serious?" You laugh, not believing you have been unconscious for 4 full days.

"I wish I wasn't" He sighs and cuddles you into his chest.

"Why did you sleep beside me?" You ask him as he plays with your hair.

"Because I am a gentleman" He winks and you blush to him; winding him up jokingly by rolling your eyes.

"Bullshit" you tease and He winks at you; kissing your lips as he leans in. You run a hand through his hair; moving as close as you can to him

"You are awake!" Ada groans as she walks into the room; sitting down on the other side of the bed. "And plus, that was disgusting. Don't do that shit in front of me again."

"I am sincerely sorry" you laugh, hugging her once more.

Later on that week, you finally got onto your feet, much to Tommy's dismay. He wanted to protect you and he felt so guilty for not doing so on that night - which you blamed yourself for and continued to remind tommy is was your own fault.

"Tommy, how many times have I told you it was my fault" You groan as you sit down on the table in the dining room.

"You can say it a million times sweetheart." He breathes out the smoke as he takes a cigarette away from his mouth. "But I will still feel as though it is my fault."

"But -" You begin but he cuts you off; kissing your lips gently.

"Shh" He smiles on your lips as he pulls away; pulling you into his lap as you hug into him and slowly falling asleep on his lap.

*

Weeks went by and Tommy never came to see you again after that. He never came to see how you were, as you eventually went home to recover some more. You had got back onto your feet and began you shifts at the Garrison once more - rumours went around the place while you were there, adding pressure on you.

"Where is that Grace girl?" One of the men slurred as he learnt against the bar side; drink in hand. While you scrubbed down the sides.

"I don't know" You honestly speak, wanting him to shut up.

"Well, I heard that you had something to do with it" He slurred again, knocking some of his drink over with his hand.

"Well those rumours are fake" You snap and he shrugs; sitting back in the chair. Sighing, you threw the cloth on the bar side. "If you don't believe me, feel free to leave."

"Didn't say that I thought you were lying love" He glares, standing up and stumbling over the chairs as he walked to the door. "Just those silly rumours."

"Well ignore those silly rumours sir" you snap and he walks out of the bar. The sound of the door opening again makes you look up - but your back is still to the person coming in. Sighing, you stop what you are doing.

"Ray, we are closed and if you are wanting to come back; to give me more grief." You huff. "Then you can leave."

"Well, I don't know what's happened there." You hear the familiar voice speak. "But I am not Ray."

"Tommy..." You whisper as you turn to face him; seeing his beat up face. "What happened?"

You ran up to Tommy and grabbed him a chair to sit down on. But he shook his head; declining the chair - insisting he was okay. He came closer to you and you stood back; not wanting him to get too close to you.

"I engaged in some run ins" He frowned; looking down to the ground, ashamed of leaving you like that. You tear up and he looks to you in panic. "Y/N?"

"Don't Tommy" You shake your head; not wanting him to come closer.

"God, I know I have messed you around darling but I couldn't risk you getting hurt again" He comes closer and your back hits against the bar; him walking closer and closer.

"No Tommy, don't give me excuses" You frown, wiping your tears as he walks closer to you; placing a thumb on your cheek to wipe away the remaining tears falling down your face.

"Y/N, I am fucking in love with you" He snaps and you gape at him in shock; not sure whether he knew what he had just said.

"No-" You begin, but he cuts you off; making you bite down on your lip.

"Listen to me" He begs and you stay silent. "I love you and I sound like such a sop when I say it - but I do and I am not afraid to allow the feeling in. You need to trust me Y/N, I want to keep you safe; I want you by my side all the time."

He stopped talking and bent down on one knee; pulling out a small box and opening it in your direction. You put a hand over your mouth, shocked at his actions as you looked to the gorgeous ring in the petite box.

"So, Y/N." He begins. "Will you marry me and be my wife?"

"Yes!" You squeak out, more tears falling down your face as he places the ring on your finger. "I love you Tommy"

He presses his lips on yours, making you melt into his arms - kissing him back with as much passion, as ever before.