John Shelby - 'Make Me Safe'

"He scares me Y/N" Your best friend, Rose, said as she cried into your shoulder.

"You have to stick up for yourself" You sighed as you hugged her protectively; brushing her hair back lovingly simultaneously.

"I can't, he always seems to beat me back down." She hiccups and becomes more upset. Taking a deep breath in, you let it out harshly; not really knowing what to say to the woman.

"Leave him then" You press her to listen to your words, she was not listening to anything and you knew she loved him; after all, they did have a small child together.

"He'll always find me"

*

"I feel sorry for the girl" You sigh as you laid your head on Johns chest; cuddling into him on the bed.

"So do I" He sighed back and kissed the top of your head in a loving way. "But you shouldn't worry about her too much. She's a grown woman, she can look after herself and I don't want you putting yourself in any danger."

"Can't you just go and have a few stern words with him?" You flutter your eyelashes and John gives a stern look towards you.

"You know that Tommy had business with them, he wouldn't want me butting in." He groans as you stand up and look towards him.

"For the first time, in your life, you are actually going to follow the rules?" You question, even though you knew he was probably right not too.

"Don't be like that" He falls against the bed; putting his hands through his hair in frustration (which was kind of hot)

"Like what?" You huff, slowly walking towards him; sitting on the edge of the bed. He sat up and pulled you onto him; kissing the back of your neck as you lay together once more.

"I will always protect you Y/N and anything else you want me too." John whispered in your ear. "But please remember that I always have a duty to my job."

"Yes" You breathed out, knowing you were not going to win the discussion. "I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart." He croaks; smiling widely as you moved closer into him.

*

"I'll see you later." John smiled as he leant down to kiss your lips softly. You allowed him to do so and the two of you continued to kiss.

Before things got too heated, John pulled away; making you pout at your husband as he smirked back at you. You put your hands on his chest and playfully pushed him away.

"Not fair" You tease and he laughs at you; making you fall out of character and laugh also.

"You'll get over it." He winks and kisses you once more. Before closing the door; he turns back to you and then gets into the car.

"Hey Y/N" Arthur calls out and waves.

"Hey Arthur" You giggle; waving back to him. You watch them go off in the car, disappearing around the corner. Before you can manage to close the door, you see Rose rush around the corner, carrying her child in her hands.

"Y/N" She cries as she comes closer; making her face known to you. As you look up to her, you see a bruise and a cut on her face.

"Rose" You breathe out in shock, looking at the small child -Billy and seeing a cut on his face. "Oh my god."

"Help me" She squeaks and you pull her inside the house as quickly as possible; looking back out, to see if anyone had followed them.

No one was there and you shut the door quickly; going after your friend to clean her up.