Alfie Solomons - 'Gangster'

"Who is at the door?" Jimmy, your brother, shouts down to you from his room upstairs. You wrapped your dressing gown around your body and walked to the door.

Jimmy was apart of a gang that ruled half of London. Your mother did not like the idea of him flouncing around London, placing himself in danger from every corner of the great city. On the other hand, you mother did not want you to fraternise with the gang, but she seemed to give up on anything that you did. You had been away for a year or so, working up in the north east for a while but your time ended up in the north and you decided to come home.

You knew Alfie for many years but you had only just walked past him, saw him and you never thought he would notice you. He had changed a lot, his hair had been cut, he was freshly shaven and was so incredibly attractive; every woman wanted him but he did not want every women.

"No idea!" You yell back as you open the door, your hair brushing over your shoulders as you looked at the familiar person - Alfie.

You crossed your arms as you sucked on a sweet; looking at the man who is staring at you from head to toe - checking you out.

"Who are you?" He asks, biting down on his lip as he looks to you.

"Y/N" You answer; stepping down and realising how short you were against the handsome man. "Jimmys little sister."

"Hang on, I know you. But you were just a girl." He puts a hand on your head and then puts in beside him again. "You've all grown up, haven't you?"

"Funnily enough" You smile, still sucking your sweet. "That happens."

He smiles to you and pinches his nose; smiling as he looks back down to you and seeing you sucking on something.

"What have you got there?" He asks and you take the sweet out of your mouth; holding it in between his fingers.

"A sweet" you speak softly; he lifts up his hand and raises an eyebrow.

"Lemon sherbet?" He says and you nod your head in reply. "Give us a suck on it?"

You shrug and hand him the sweet which he places in his mouth; nodding his head as he starts to taste the lemon.

"Oh, that's nice." He hums in pleasure. "But a bit early, isn't it?"

"Mum still makes me take a tonic in the morning." You defend yourself with a smile on your face. "Sweet's the only thing that'll chase off the taste."

Alfie starts to crunch on the sweet and your eyes go wide; shaking your head at him when a little giggle slips from your lips.

"You're not supposed to chew it." You giggle to him and he smirks down to you.

"No?" He teases. "How else am I supposed to get at the sherbetty bit?"

"By being patient." You smile softly, biting down on your lip as he moves a little closer to you.

"No." He shakes his head and putting his hands in his pockets. "Patience doesn't get you what you want."

As the two of you look at each other intently; admiring each other, the sound of the window opened from above you and making you look up.

"Half a minute, Alf." Jimmy falls down to you. "Ill be dight down."

Jimmy ducks back into the house and you look up to Alfie, who frowns, checking his watch.

"Is my brother in trouble?" You ask and Alfie sighs; slowly nodding his head at you.

"Would you go out with me?" He questions you, making you blush slightly. "I'll take it easy on him if you do."

You look to him with a smile on your face and biting down on your lip. Playing with your hands you look up to him, you nod your head slowly.

"Yes" You begin, making Alfie smile. "But not for that reason."

"Saturday night?" He smiles widely; running a hand through his hair.

"Yes" You nod and he goes to speak but you hear footsteps coming from behind you, turning behind, you look to see your mother coming closer to the door.

"Fuck" You whisper and Alfie laughs slightly, looking at the angered women.

"Who are you talking to?" She asks and she sees Alfie at the door - not thinking much of him.

She looks down to you and sees what you are wearing; gasping as she sees that you are in your night dress and covered in your dressing gown.

"You're half dressed talking to a man in the door way!" She snaps and you roll your eyes. "What's wrong with you? Get back in the kitchen. Finish them dishes."

You look to Alfie as you step into the house, you mother behind you. Alfie puts his fingers to his mouth and takes out the sweet and hands it back to you; your fingers brushing against each other as he hands it over. Putting it back in your mouth, you take a step back and push past your mother as you go inside.

Your mother scoffs as you walk past her and she slams the door on Alfie as you walk into the kitchen.

"What was that?" She snaps as you go into the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" You snap as you forcefully put the glass down on the side; looking at your mother.

"He is a gangster Y/N" She grabs your shoulders; shaking them slightly. "He is dangerous!"

"Mother I am a big girl, I can handle myself and look after myself" you yell to her as you push her hands away from you.

"You weren't saying that when you were is squaller up in the north east and needed help to come back down here!" She follows after you as you walk away from her.

"Mum Just leave me alone!" You snap and shuts the door as she pushes through it.

"I am your mother!" She screams in your face. "The time you realised that, then the better! You whore yourself around and I won't let it happen anymore!"

"Fuck you!" You yell, livid at her words.

Before you could comprehend what could happen next, you feel a hand connect to your cheek; making you fall against the sofa beside you. You look up and see Alfie talking with jimmy outside.

"Y/N!" She yells as you slam the front door and walks out the house; pushing past Alfie and Jimmy as you run to your best friends house.