John Shelby - 'Living On The Edge.'

"The problem with you Y/N-" Your friend shrugged, as she ate her sandwich. "-is that you don't live life on the edge."

"Yes I do" You scoffed, folding my arms in annoyance; not wanting to listen to anymore of her pointless chat.

"No, you really don't." She shook her head. "John, don't you agree?"

"Come on sweetheart." Your best friend said, the infamous John Shelby.

"Are you serious?" You frowned, getting pissed off.

"I can help you." He offered and you breathed out a laugh.

"No." You declined, standing up and tucking your chair under. "I am fine. I do not need help."

"Come on" John followed shortly behind you. "I'll make you a list."

"I don't need a list." You snapped. "I am going to go, I'll see you guys later."

You walked out of the cafe and down the street, going to go back home to tidy up.

"Hey Y/N-" John called out to you, as you walked down the street. "-wait up."

"John please stop with the bullshit ideas." You stood still, poking my finger on his chest. "I don't want to have a fucking list."

"Just do it." He held onto your hand, which made you blush. "Come on Y/N, let's do it together!"

"John" You groaned and you looked to him.

"That means yes" He raised his eyebrows up and down playfully; making you laugh.

*

"Number 1: you will swim in Mr Smiths Lake." He informed.

"Why specifically his lake? You do know he will kill me." You shook your head. "Bad idea."

"That's the point" He gasped, and you gave him a weird look. "Well, not really the point, but more so you break a few rules. Don't you want to live life on the edge?"

"No not really." You shrugged. "God forbid what is written under number 2."

"Number 2, is you will actually stick up for yourself." He went to skip to number 3, before you could even comment.

"Stick up for myself to who?" You asked in confusion.

"You know who I am talking about." John shook his head - You knew he was referring to Luke, the man who had been messing you around for years. "Anyway, number 3 - you will do something unplanned, a spur of the moment idea."

"So that's all you have?" You asked.

"We will start with 3." John laughed. "Better off starting good, than being too optimistic. Besides, I slowly ease you in."

"When do we start?" You beamed and John laughed, looking to you then seriously.

"Oh it's already started baby girl" He winked, teasing you, as you both stood up and walked outside to head towards Mr Smiths lake.

"It is dark" You sighed, holding onto Johns hand; walking through the town.

"Better to do it in the dark than in the day" John laughed. "Did you want to be that ballsy?"

"Funny" You glared and we walked past the Garrison.

Your heart dropped.

You knew Luke would be in there with another girl. It didn't upset you, but it pissed you off that you had been naive to his antics and his ways.

"I have something I need to do" You looked to John; who looked very confused as you walked into the Garrison.

"If you wanted a drink, you should have said." He playfully laughed.

"That's not what I want" You shook your head and walked in, seeing Luke in the corner with some girl.

"What are we doing here then?" He asked, then saw where you had been looking.

Before John could stop you, you raced over to him and pulled him back from the girl who was in front of him. In one swing, you punched him in the face and it caused him to stumble back.

"That is for being a massive douche" You retorted and flipped him off, turning away and looking towards John.

"Wow." John smirked, then grabbed your hand gently and walked out with you.

"Jesus!" You cried out as you looked to your hand. "That bloody kills."

"Well, you did punch him quite hard sweetheart" John laughed and you blushed slightly.

"John, can you just inspire me to be off the cuff?" You grinned and turned around while walking backwards.

"Come on you, let's go to the lake." He laughed.

As you approached the lake, you felt your heart rate go faster and faster.

Was is it a good idea? You thought to yourself. Oh fuck it.

"Fuck it" You shook your body and took off your clothes - leaving your underdress on and then turned to John.

He looked towards you, blushing at your attire. John has taken off his shirt and looked directly at you.

"Ready?" He winked and you nodded your head.

"Come on, before I change my mind" you replied, being completely serious.

John said no more, before he came over and picked you up; making you giggle and squeal to put you down.

"Don't you dare throw me in" You warned him, but he ignored you. "I'm being ser-"

Before you could finish off your words, John threw you into the lake and you came back up to the top; wiping your eyes and pushing your hair back.

"I hate you" You laughed and John came in normally - diving in.

"No you don't" He winked, swimming over to you.

"I really don't." You agreed and you felt something agains your leg.

Screaming you jumped and latched onto John in pure fear. The only thing that lit you both, was the light from the moon. Afraid that it was something that was going to bite you. As you looked to John, you realised how close the two of you were.

"Sorry" You whispered, looking at him, but you didn't move an inch. Instead, the two of you continued to look at each other.

John has his arms wrapped around you and your hands remained around the back of his neck.

"What was step number three again?" You smiled, knowing it but you wanted him to repeat it.

"Do something in the spur of the moment-" He repeated from earlier.

In one swift movement, you leaned in and pressed your lips against his. Sparks flew for both of you. You slowly pulled away and looked down the water.

"Hey-" He softly spoke, lifting up your chin. "-don't hide from me."

"I don't know why I did that." You stuttered and you looked up to him.

"I think you love me." He teases and you blushed even more.

"Shut up John." You groaned and he laughed, pulling you back into him.

"No, all jokes aside." He whispered, cupping your cheek. "I want you to do that again."

Smiling like a goon, you leant in once more and the two of you kissed uncontrollably - and for a moment, forget you were unlawfully in a lake.