John Shelby - 'Worth Waiting For'

"So what part of Holland do you come from again?" Polly asked you as you sat down in front of her, siping on your tea.

"Rotterdam, it is extremely beautiful." You smiled and she nodded her head in thought.

"I have always wanted to go to Holland." She sighed and stood up, looking out of the window.

"You should go, it is extremely tranquil and so incredibly warm in summer." You smiled widely, reminiscing over your home town. "I think the lifestyle would suit you just nicely."

You had come over from Rotterdam, to visit John (which was surprise to him.) The two of you met when you went to the private school in Birmingham, due to your parents working away and they wanted you to have the best education. You spoke extremely good English and knew fluent Dutch, as well as French and German.

John and you wrote letters all the time and you decided it was right, to come and see him after 9 years.

"He shouldn't be home anytime soon! But boy I cannot wait for him to see you!" Polly gasped and looked you up and down. "I forgot how beautiful you are!"

"Thank you Polly!" You grinned and she rubbed either side of your arms. "I'm glad to be back for good."

You both sat and caught up over life situations, what was going on in the world of Polly and Y/N. Uncontrollable laughter was going on and made you both cry with happiness/laughter.

"Polly, why are you laughing to yourself." You heard someone say. "Have you really gone mad?"

"Oh Thomas do shut up." Polly snapped and you stood up, looking up at the man you recognised.

"I recognise you." Tommy watched you carefully and you blushed as he came closer.

"I'm Y/N, I was just a small-" You began but Tommy cut you off.

"Y/N, wow, you have grown up." He gawks slightly, making you blush slightly at the sort of compliment. "I mean, you are beautiful!"

"Thank you" You blush and tuck your hair behind your ear.

"You were Johns catch weren't you?" He asks and sits down in the chair with a glass of whiskey at hand.

"I guess so?" You laugh nervously, not know what to say.

"So you back for good?" He questioned again.

"Yes, I think so, well... as long as I can get work." You bit down on your lip.

"You could work in our company." Polly suggested and looked to Tommy, who nodded his head to agree with the option.

"We could find you a place I'm sure." He smiled and then stood up, looking at his watch and walking to the door. "Will we see you later at the Garrison tonight?"

"Yes, that's the plan. I hope to surprise John!" You grinned and got excitedly nervous.

"Well, I shall see you later" He waved goodbye and walked out of the house.

Later on, you dressed up in your best dress and made sure you looked completely stunning for when you saw John.

Walking to the Garrison with Polly, you both walk inside; going into the booth that the family owned. You were greeted with some of the the others, which they accepted you with open arms.

"How long you planning on staying?" Arthur asked as he handed you a drink.

"Well, I hope to stay for a while-" you said and looked to Tommy.

"I have made a proposition." Tommy smiled. "Welcome to the Shelby Team."

Everyone raised their glass and drank some of the alcoholic liquid. As you placed the lid down, you excused yourself to go to the loo. Walking out of the booth, you walked towards the loo and went to do your business.

As you came out, you smacked into someone and quickly apologised, continuing to find the way you came. Looking in the corner, you saw a man and a woman hugging and completely all over each other. Scrunching your nose up in disgust, you walked to the booth.

To your horror, the man turned around and the girl walked away from him, walking outside. He straightened up his jacket and turned, catching eyes with you.

John.

"What the-" He rubbed his eyes and came closer to you. "Y/N?"

"Hello John." You sadly spoke, taking a step back from him.

"You are here." He breathed out. Cupping your cheek as he came closer. "You are stunning."

Moving his hand off you, you brushed past him as you walked into the booth; grabbing your coat quickly; while the others looked at you in confusion.

"Where are you going?" Polly asked as you went to walk out.

"It was obviously a mistake me coming here." You mumbled and turned to see John at the door.

"Y/N, let me talk to you." John begged in a whisper as you tried to get out.

"You have someone else, it was selfish of me to even think-" You began but he cut you off.

"Just shut up and come with me." He demands and grabs your hand gently; taking you to the back rooms of the Garrison.

You both look to each other and say nothing. The tension was so thick, that it made you feel very anxious and nervous.

"I can't get over how beautiful you are" He gushes and you roll your eyes at him, which makes him chuckle. "I don't care about her Y/N."

"That doesn't make a difference." You snapped. "You made it out, in those letters, that it was me and you. Just - me and you."

"And it is me and you." He confirms and you fold your arms in annoyance.

"I don't believe you John." You frowned and he huffed in frustration.

"I care about you." He whispers and brushed some of your hair behind your ear.

"You weren't thinking that when you were kissing her." You yelled, smacking his chest.

"I didn't kiss her" He snaps and grabs your hands, making you move closer to him. "My lips, did not touch hers."

"I saw you two!" You pouted, frowning and rethinking whether if you oversaw (is that even a thing!?)

"Well, my beautiful girl needs her eyes resting." He winks. "I promise you sweetheart, I did not kiss her."

You believed him. Biting on the inside of your cheek, you frowned at him as he smiled down at you.

"Do you believe me?" He questioned and you nodded your head slowly. "I can't hear you" He moved you back, so your back was against the wall; poking your sides.

"Yes!" You giggles and put your arms on the top of his chest.

"I am so glad you are here." He whispers slowly. "Because the only person I am going to kiss now, and for forever... is you."

You heart swelled and you felt his lips touch yours. Something you had both been waiting for, forever.