Thomas Shelby - 'Secret Donation'

"Who could have left a donation this big?" You gasp to yourself as you read the donation slips for the funds for a new school.

Looking closely at the signature, you figure out the T.S. and instantly know who it just would be. Smiling widely to yourself, you walked out of the current school (which was in the local Garrison Pub during the day) and walked into the busy streets of Small Heath.

"Miss Y/L/N!" You heard a small voice call, turning around to see young Charlie Shelby.

"Good morning Charlie." You smiled as he came closer, walking alongside you. "What can I help you with?"

"My father told me to come find you-" He began, making you blush. "-He wanted to see if you were still coming over for dinner later on?"

"I was planning too" You grinned to the small boy.

The small boy grinned and mumbled a happy 'yes' before walking away to, assumingly, inform his dad.

"Oh, Charlie!" You called out from afar. "Tell your dad thank you for the donation, he really did not have too."

"He did not do that." He poorly lied, which made you smile. Raising an eyebrow up at him, waiting for him to confess. "Fine." He huffed in defeat. "But please do not tell him I told you so, he told me I could not tell you."

"It will be our secret." You winked and the two of you went your separate ways.

You went back to the house (after work), which you shared with a woman that you had been friends with for a long time. She was like a mother figure, but more importantly, a great friend to you. She lost her young boy and husband during the world war and it tore her life apart. However, that was 10 years ago, she had moved from mourning constantly and took you in when you needed a place to stay.

Telling Abby (the name of the friend) about what Tommy had done, made her stop what she was doing and look with a gapped mouth, in complete and utter shock.

"He did what?" She gasped as she looked at you.

"I knew it was him, but Charlie confirmed it but said that Mr Shelby did not want me to know." You bit down on your lip in confusion. "Why would he not want me to know?"

"I think that it is very modest of him-" Abby began. "- It shows that he doesn't want to flaunt off his money to you and genuinely wants you to appreciate it."

"I would appreciate it from him even if I knew from him, that he was the one who donated it." You argued, not to any Abby, but to show that you really did not care about the money Tommy had - it made no difference in what your opinion was of him.

"I think you should just ask him tonight." Abby suggested. "Secretly get it out of him, ask questions and then see how he reacts. He might tell you."

"I cannot help but feel embarrassed he would not admit it was from him," You sadly looked, overthinking that Tommy might have thought you might of cared for him more with the money (completely overthinking!) "I really don't care about money."

"You are overthinking." Abby scolded you. "Now, go and get ready for that meal."

You rushed off upstairs and changed into something that was extremely flattering and made you feel really good about yourself.

"What do you think?" You asked Abby as you came downstairs, twirling around in your peach (salmon) coloured dress.

"Stunning!" She gasped. "Y/N, you look stunning!"

You were nervous and excited while you were driven to Tommy's house - which you found out was like a mansion.

With you mouth wide open in pure awe, you looked at the huge house once you got out of the car. Looking around, you saw huge windows and sculptures in the garden. As you looked in front of you, you were greeted by Charlie and Tommy as you walked closer to them.