John Shelby - 'Dejavu 3'

"Hey Y/N!" You hear a familiar little voice call to you as you walk across the street. Looking to the voice, you see Louie again playing on the swings.

"Hey Louie" You smile warmly, leaning on the gate as you look to the small boy as he jumps off the swing and runs up to you; climbing over the fence. "How are you?"

"I'm good thank you!" He giggles and then holds your arm as you walk.

"What are you doing over in Kings Heath again?" You ask and he shrugs his shoulders; grinning up to you.

"I missed you" He grins and then walks backwards; opening his hand to show you his marbles. "And one of the little girls over there has really nice marbles that I always win."

"Well aren't they nice" You grin; kneeling down to his height and admiring the marbles he had in his hand. "The yellow one is my favourite."

"You can have it" He giggles and hands it to you.

"Really?" You smile gently to the small boy. "Thank you so much Louie!"

"It is okay" He shyly smiles and you stand up; walking around the park with him. "Could you take me home again?"

"I am not sure whether that's a good idea" You hum; flashing back to Johns words from the last time you saw him - not wanting to step on any toes.

"Please" He begs and puts his hands together; pulling on your cardigan. Looking down to his puppy dog eyes, you cannot help but agree with him and do anything he asks you to do.

"Sure" You smile, shrugging your shoulders and you hold hands; getting a cab to the place you never thought you would go back to.

"This is the stop" The man says and you get out.

"I won't be too long" You say to the man. "Please could you wait for me?"

"Of course Miss" He smiles and you get out the car; holding Louie's hand as you knock on the door.

"Goodbye Louie" You smile, kissing his little cheek as you walked back to get into the car waiting for you.

"Who brought you home?" You hear Johns voice ask as he sees someone walking away - You.

"Y/N" Louie shrugs and runs into the house. Rain starts to fall as you get into the taxi, watching John come out near the taxi and watching you drive away.

"Could you take me to the Garrison?" You ask the driver; laying back into the seat as you prepare to get yourself completely drunk.

"Sure thing" He replies and in a short time, he drops you off at the very infamous pub that you had not been too in years.

"Thank you" You smile, handing the money over to the man as you get out of the car; taking a deep breath before walking into the bar.

Some people stared at you as you walked to the bar; sitting on the stool as you looked to Harry - not seeing him for years.

"Y/N?" He gasps, frowning at you - unsure whether it actually is you.

"Harry!" You smile and lean over the bar to hug him. "How have you been?"

"Great thank you!" He grins and cleans a glass in his hand. "You are back in town?"

"I'm in Kings Heath?" You answer, fiddling with your fingers.

"Right under our noses" He winks and you smile to him. "Well then. What would you like to drink?"

"Anything that will knock me out" You speak; earning him to laugh at you but you were unsure whether you were being serious or not.

Harry hands over a concoction of some kind; you lifting it up and raising the glass to Harry. You tip the drink back as you gulp it down in one; sending a shiver down your spine as your throat burns slightly.

"Another please Harry" You cough; leaning your head down on the bar side. He hands you over another and you do the exact same thing as the first.

All night, you keep asking for drinks and it gets to the point where you start to sway and nearly fall off the chair. You feel someone hold you up on the chair; putting your hands on the persons chest to balance yourself, you look up to see John looking down on you.

"Get away from me" You slur, trying to stand up but you fall against him; but John keeps you up and picks you up to stop you from falling to the ground.

"Y/N" He chuckles as you wriggle slightly; wrapping your arms around his neck to support you.

"Put me down" You slur as you hiccup; leaning your head on his shoulder.

"I am taking you home" He says and you give in; allowing you to take you to your house. Walking, he carries you all the way to Kings Heath.

It was silent between the two of you as you walked down the empty and quiet lanes. You let a tear go and start to cry - due to your emotions being heightened - but the truth was, you missed John. You felt bad and you missed him so much.

"Are you crying?" He asks as he places you to the ground to look at your face.

"No" you lie; seeming to sobering up very quickly as you wipe your face.

"Don't lie to me" He lifts up your chin and bending down slightly to look at your face under the moonlight.

"What do you want me to say?" You frown; getting very frustrated.

"Why you are crying." He simply says. "That's what I want you to say."

"Because I feel bad" you answer and you turn your back to him.

"Why?" He comes from behind you.

"Because I fucked it up between us." You feel his body go against yours from behind. His chin leans down to your exposed skin. "I messed it up."

"Yes, you did" He answers and you turn your head to face his. "But not for the rest of our lives. It has changed now."

"But you are married" You whisper and he shakes his head.

"I am being divorced" He answers and you frown. "She is with another man Y/N."

"So that's why you want me?" You overthink and turn away from him.

"No!" He groans and turns you to face home once more. "It made things harder Y/N. I fucking love you. I always have. I wanted you back with me when I came back from France, but you were gone. I love you. I really do Y/N!"

"I am so sorry" You cry; leaning his forehead against his. "I love you John"

"Will you be with me?" He begs and you smile at him; kissing him full on as he picks you up and pulls you closer to his body.

"Yes" You mumble against his lips; kissing him more as he spins you around.

"I love you beautiful" He whispers on your lips; pecking them again and again. "Louie will be happy."

"I bet he will" You giggle as he wraps an arm around your shoulders; you walking to your house and John ending up staying overnight...