Chapter 14 Black Udaeus

both Bell and Argonaut are on the 37th floor and Argonaut told Bell all he had to do in his special training was to beat the boss alone and as Bell tried to understand what was just said he then had the idea clear and began to panic.

Bell:" but- I mean- I'm not ready-"

Argonaut:" oh yes you are, you far exceed that of the other floor bosses, the infant dragon on the upper floor's, the silverback's, the minotaur's, even the Goliath is to easy for you, and other methods will take to long... this is the only one that will give you a proper challenge with our limited time schedule"

Bell:" I'm not that strong, I mean, this floor boss is very powerful"

Bell's thought's:" let's take Ais for example, even she had to get help from the hell nine, Rivaria Ljos Alf, to bearly take down this floor boss, even if it was a little help"

Argonaut:"...look Bell, don't go underestimating yourself now, you're plenty strong enough, look at what you did in these 4 month's compared to the million's of people before you did in that same amount of time... although if you overestimate yourself, that is just as bad, if not worse, but I seen first hand what you can do, those monster's on the 33rd floor were no joke, and yet injured and tired, you fought them off... look Bell, I wouldn't do this if you weren't ready for it, and you're ready for this challenge Bell"

Bell:" but how will I know if I'm strong enough to win"

Argonaut:" okay look, you just need to remember this," I'm not invincible, but I will fight, not for me, but for my friend's and family, the people who have faith in me, as long as I have someone to fight for, I'll fight till the end" these word's help many people like you and me, so from now on when your fighting and losing, remember these word's and you'll win just about every time, and if not, you go down fighting"

Bell's thought's:" so I fight for someone else, haven't I always thought I was fighting for myself, but now that he mentions it, I won't let all my friend's hard work go to waste, I will win"

Argonaut:" here's a secret so listen, if you let your emotion's roar, like anger, sadness, happiness, loneliness, just about any emotion you have, if you don't hide them and embrace them, you'll find a new power you didn't realize you had before"

Bell smiled with pride and wasn't scared anymore with only the thought of winning this fight in his mind.

Bell:" yeah, I will, thank's for talking me into it, I'll try and have more confidence in myself and my actions, if I made it this far, then I can make it farther"

Argonaut:" and don't be ashamed to be honest either, let me ask you this, why did you become an adventurer"

Bell was embarrassed and didn't say it right away, trying to avoid the true answer

Bell:" mmm, to get women"

Bell's thought's:" there is some truth in that, so it should be good enough, like my grandfather always told me...although I think I should have been thinking more about that now that I stop and think on how wrong that sound's"

Argonaut's thoughts:" you already have women all over you, how many more do you need... well it's not like he was telling the truth, but still"

Argonaut:" tell me the truth Bell, come on, I won't mock you Bell, no matter what it is"

Bell:" fine, I wanted to be a hero like the heroes in the stories my grandfather use to read to me as a kid, and when he died, I thought I should have him look down and see I became a hero like him, one he can be proud of, and Capaneus is an inspiration to, he may be cruel and scary at time's, but he is a hero to me, and he helped me through this, I want them both to see me as a hero they can be proud of"