You Jump, I Jump.

I huffed my way up the hill not caring about how far I had left Niall behind. He caught up eventually muttering 'sorry' every two steps we took.

Frustrated, I stopped and looked at him.

"Please? I'm saying sorry ain't I?", he begged. Eyes like a puppy, lips in a pout, I had to look away.

"Did I ask for a sorry?", I concentrated on the nearby tree.

"What do you want me to do then? I'll do anything, name it", I got my eyes at him.

"Anything?", I smirked.

"Yes you have my word", he giggled and I knew he was playing around again.

"Just disappear or shut up and walk quietly."

Niall's smile faded away. "I'll select the second option", he said with a hitch in his voice.

I started walking leaving him behind, again. Finally there would be some peace!

"You know I have a heart right?", and with that I turned back. Niall stood there with his fingers forming a heart shape. He held the heart above his chest.

"It's just below all my goofiness. Dig deeper and you'll get it", and he blew me a kiss. I acted along and closed my palm mid air catching a bit of the 'kiss'. I opened up my fist near my foot and stamped on practically nothing but I wanted to give him an impression that his kisses meant nothing to me, for now anyways.

......

Finally after what felt like hours we reached the top of hill. The journey was quiet as Niall didn't say a word. I was feeling bad because it felt like I had denied a boy chocolates for a lifetime.

Our view was endless miles of ocean. No land, no civilization in sight. There was a tree nearby the end point of the hill.

We sat down and Niall removed the walkie-talkie. He extended the antenna and fiddled with the machine. We got the screeching noise but we wanted more. Niall aimed the machine higher, but nothing changed. It looked like our little hike was a waste.

"What now?", I asked. I removed the bottle of water we had. Niall didn't answer. He just sprang up and walked towards the tree. I guess he wanted to let loose some heat so I decided to leave him alone.

"You wanna know how sorry I am?", he yelled with his back towards me, his Irish accent thick. I didn't answer. I uncapped the bottle in my hand.

"I'm going to jump from here to prove how sorry I am", he yelled. I looked at him, his back still facing me. "Another one of his pranks", I whispered to myself.

I got the bottle to my lips and took a big sip. I looked back at where Niall was standing before, but now all I could see was the tree. My eyes scanned the nearby area but I couldn't find a certain Niall. Did he actually jump?

I rushed towards the tree, dropping everything I had. I looked down from my position. All I could see were tree tops.

No. This couldn't be possible. He did not actually jump.

"Niall", I screamed. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt my head spinning, my heart was beating quick. Niall jumped for me?

"Niall I'm sorry please come back", I yelled in between hiccups. I was actually waiting for Niall to pop up in front of me but I was left alone with my tears.

"Niall please. ..Niall", my back took the support of the tree. What was I to do now? Jump? That would finish everything right? Yes. If Niall jumped I'm jumping after him. I didn't want to waste another minute.

"Niall I'm doing this because I love you", I spoke and took a step forward. Niall was gone, what was I to do on this island alone? Waiting for someone to rescue me? I made up my mind. The truth was no one came for us, now there wasn't even an us.

Suddenly, something tapped my shoulder getting me out of my suicidal thoughts.

I turned, not wiping my tear stained face and my eyes met his blues.

"Oh Niall", I wrapped my arms around him and he followed suit. I was waiting for some snarky comment about me, but Niall was quiet. Next I heard a sniff.

I pulled away and looked at him. His eyes were red. "I'm so sorry", and with that he caved in. I saw water gushing down his eyes.

"Niall wha..", and Niall pulled me into a hug, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I played such a shitty prank. Your reaction made me realize my mistake. I'm sorry Taarika, I don't want to loose you please oh please", he spoke. My shoulder felt wet so obviously the tears were real.

Everything happened so quick, I was completely taken back, I even forgot that I was crying my heart out thinking he had jumped. I rubbed his back ,"Just promise me no more pranks please?"

"I promise no more pranks."

"I can't stand it and I don't want to think I've lost you please."

"When I saw how you were ready to jump after me, was enough for me to realize what I'd done. I'm sorry I made you feel like that. I'm never ever leaving you", he pulled me at an arms distance. His eyes were still red. I thought I would push him down the hill myself for fooling me again but there was just something about Niall that made me keep my calm. The way he just cried and apologized, he actually regretted the decision of pulling this prank.

"And I'm never leaving you too", I smiled weakly. I didn't know what to say. Was it because Niall was fine or because I just admitted to myself that I loved him?

"And remember you jump I jump", and then I realized he heard my 'I love you' line.

He didn't say anything else and we hugged again. I thanked the lord that Niall didn't dig any further.

We pulled away and stared at our view. Niall wrapped his hands around my waist, sideways and I rested my head on his chest. I could hear his tiny heart beat to it's fullest. Oh there his heart was!

I don't know what was happening with me. I didn't want to yell my head off at Niall. He somehow calmed me down when I realized he hadn't jumped. And how he said that my reaction made him feel guilty, touched me. 'You don't realize the value of something unless it's taken away from you' the quote that I had never experienced before finally made sense.

Niall then fished out a pen from his pocket. I made a mental note to myself to check later on what the hell did his pocket contain in total. He turned towards the bark of the tree and started carving.

Taarika N Niall 4eva!

He outlined it with a heart. "There", he put his pen back into his pocket.

He giggled before our lips met. The feeling that shot through my body was never like before. There was a hint of something new, something special, something dangerous in the good way of course!

We went back to where I had left the bag and the bottle. The bottle was now empty, the water had been soaked up by the ground.

"Oops", I looked at Niall. He just giggled again. Man his giggles were something you could hear every second of every  day!

I put the bag around my shoulders and the Niall spoke, "And Taarika?"

I looked at him.

"I love you too."

A/N

Okay is anybody even enjoying this story? I'm getting very VERY few feedback :( C'mon guys say something? I do so much and I don't even ask anything in return! Just say something, someone?