You And I.

A/N

Listen to the Acoustic version of YOU AND I before reading this chapter because obviously all that Niall has is his guitar! Enjoy!

We walked back down to the beach. Our attempt of getting the walkie-talkie to work completely backfired but something good did come out of it. I don't know about Niall but my I was responding differently towards him. I realized that I couldn't stay alive without him and that he was the only reason I was actually alive. And we confessed that we loved each other. That hill had some magic powers alright because for some reason I finally threw all the hate for Niall in a corner and made space for whatever that was happening to us.

We walked hand in hand, carefully trying not to trip. Dusk was setting in and we had no torches on us at the moment so we had to get back to our humble abode before it became pitch black. We discovered a little spring of underground water. Niall memorized the location because obviously we would run out of water pretty soon.

.......

Niall lit a fire and sat down next to his guitar.

"Won't you play it?", I asked. I wanted to hear him play.

"Do you want to hear me?", he asked. His eyes sparkled against the fire. There was this immediate glow on his face when I asked him to play his six string.

"Absolutely", I nodded.

He brought his guitar out from it's case and positioned it on his lap. He now sat with his legs folded. He plucked the strings and adjusted himself.

"This was our latest single", he looked at me, ready to sing his song.

"This is You And I", I had heard about this song but never actually heard it. But why did Niall choose a song called You And I? Out of all the possible songs he knew he decided on this one?

"And this I dedicate to you", he flashed his billion dollar smile and looked back at his guitar.

I figured it out

I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours

Maybe they had to take some time

His voice was calm and soothing. The song had a good start. The tune flowed from the guitar.

I know how it goes

I know how it goes from wrong and right

Silence and sound

Did they ever hold each other tight like us

Did they ever fight like us

He took in a deep breath and then looked at me.

You and I

We don't wanna be like them

We can make it till the end

Nothing can come between

You and

Not even the God's above

Could separate the two of us

No nothing can come between

You and I

Oh you and I

He kept smiling throughout the chorus. I returned him the smile and paid attention to the lyrics of the song. Maybe there was a reason Niall decided on this song.