Through The Dark.

Niall's P.O.V.

After sitting for an hour in the same position, we had shifted to the chair. Taarika rested her body against my chest and was fast asleep. I had wrapped her with two blankets. Sitting in the same awkward position for hours and hours did a toll on my legs, but if Ta was comfortable and fast asleep in my arms, how could I disturb her?

With no more strength left in me to bear the pain in my knees, I shifted Ta a bit and stretched out my left leg. I shut my eyes and stretched as much as I could. Then I shifted her slightly to my left and stretched out my right leg. The pain easened out and I let out a small sigh.

I didn't realize Ta had woken up till she spoke, "don't tell me you just farted." Her eyes were still shut but I knew she was wide awake.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up and no I didn't fart", I giggled and she turned and faced me.

"You did so."

"Did not", and with that I placed a small kiss on her forehead. Just hours ago I was on the verge of loosing her and now here she was talking about whether I farted or not.

"How long have you been up?", I asked as I placed my hand on her cheek and stroked her still pale skin.

"Been a while."

"Why didn't you tell me then?"

"I just enjoyed being under your arms, it felt good. I'm sorry", and I saw hurt flash through her eyes. Maybe she realized my legs were aching because of that.

"No its alright. These arms are always open for you, don't forget that", I smiled and intertwined my fingers with hers.

"You want to go for a walk? My legs feel paralyzed", she got up and put her hand forward for me.

"I thought you'd never ask."

The sun was setting and the sky was a mixed colour of orange, blue and red. And I was walking on the beach, hand in hand, with the one I loved. Could life get any better? Where was all of this when I wanted it? I wanted the whole world to see this girl I loved, but then I preffered being alone here with her than Ta getting hate.

"So you gonna play a song tonight?", she spoke up after we had gone further away from our humble abode. We were taking small steps because I wanted her to feel at ease.

"You want me to?", my eyes widened at the mention of my guitar.

"Only if you want to", she smiled and squeezed my hand.

She was caught off guard when I picked her up bridal style. I did a small twirl and she held onto me and giggled and let her hair fall back below my arms.

"I will never not sing for you. I've got such a charming voice, don't you know?", I teased.

"Oh, says who?", she giggled again and I swear I would never get tired of her giggles.

"Oh you know just a million fans out there, its no biggie", I started walking back to our place as it was getting dark.

"Didn't you hear it from someone called Taarika Hayden? Oh you know, one out of those million fans out there?", she poked my chest.

I stopped and looked straight in her eyes.

"You are one in a trillion to me", she smiled and I bent down to kiss her. Her lips were soft and I pulled back before I pulled a nerve on my back.

"Now let's get you heated up more", we kept staring into each others eyes and I wanted to know what she was thinking about. What I was thinking about was how I had never thought that one solemn girl would mean so much to me. What I was thinking was how lucky I was to be stranded on this island just with her. What I was also thinking was how we would spend our time together back home and how we would be the perfect couple.