Summer Love.

READ THE A/N AT THE END CAUSE I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS

I couldn't believe what was happening. Niall held on to my waist tight as the helicopter was landing a few feet away from us on the beach.

We were being rescued. Finally.

The wind from the chopper was shoving my hair away from my head then back at my face. I covered my face in Niall's chest and couldn't believe what was happening. Tears of joy from my eyes were soaked up by Ni's body. He placed a hand on my head and kissed my hair.

"Its all over, we're going back home", he yelled as the chopper shut down its engine. Two hulky looking lads came out and were walking towards us.

"Let's get you home", one of them yelled and gave us two blankets to wrap our bodies with.

Niall held on to my hand as we walked towards the helicopter. Before climbing in I looked back at the island one last time. All those memories flashed back. What had it been 2 weeks? Finally I was getting home and the best part was Niall was with me, well and alive.

The lads huddled me up and we sat down strapping ourselves with the belts. My last experience of sitting in a flying machine did not end up well so I put my head on Ni's shoulder and shut my eyes tight. I tried to fall asleep as Niall stayed up and tried to converse with our rescuers as to why it took so long.

....

"Babe? Darling wake up", Niall shook my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw two empty seats in front of me with lots of buttons and beeps flickering around.

"Where..", I turned and saw Niall smiling wide at me. He was wearing a shirt and some pants.

"This is not a dream?", I asked, still in my sleepy state.

"No its not. We're home. C'mon", we got down from the helicopter and walked on the open field towards a pathway where a huge crowd was waiting for us. Was that just for our arrival?

As we neared the crowd four lads, around the same age as Niall with one elderly lady and man came running towards us. Niall's grip on my hand grew tighter when he realised who they were.

"Mum dad", he screeched and ran into their arms. In that process he left my hand and for a moment I felt broken like something very dear to me just detached itself. But I couldn't be selfish, it was Niall's parents and the rest of his band.

He hugged his mum and dad and all the four lads and they ushered him towards the big crowd. But Niall didn't look back once.

I waited and looked at the commotion in front of me. People from the media were flashing their camera's away, Niall hugged more and more people, some frenzied fans among the group started yelling and wailing, celebrating the return of their pop star.

I stood there and everybody treated me like I was invincible. All attention was focused on Niall. Now I didn't expect any big preparation for my arrival but I didn't realize that Niall would have forgotten me this soon.

I looked on as the paparazzi threw questions at him and he gladly answered them one by one. There was a huge smile on his face, of course because he was united with his big family. But what struck me most was how he didn't turn back once to see whether I was there or not. Nobody bothered to.

This is what happens when the fame gets to your head.

I turned around, wiping away my cheeks and not allowing the tears that were threatening to spill. I should have known this. I had no importance in Niall's life anymore, it seems. All those jokes, all the times spent together, all the songs, all the memories, all the 'I love you's' were done. Who would have thought that  after getting rescued, in one second flat Niall would behave like we were strangers. I did have my doubts before but now that I was witnessing is right before my eyes I wasn't even surprised.