Till Death Do Us Apart.

NIALL'S P.O.V.

The waves were dragging this thing to the shore. My mind was yelling Taarika but my heart was telling me something else.

Was it really her?

I practically ran in the water, to reach this object and my worst fears came true.

It was Taarika.

She was face down in the water and at that time everything went blank. There was this stinging noise filling my ears and all I could see was Taarika smiling before me. All the times we spent till last night were flashing before my eyes. Her constant annoyance in the beginning, the first time she cried on my shoulders, our first kiss was right here in these waters and now it all ended in these very same waters.

No. I couldn't let this happen.

I overturned her and noticed how her pale her face was and how it was turning into a light shade of blue. I somehow managed to get her till the beach. Her body was cold, dead cold.

I checked for a pulse and got a faint one running through her neck. Just looking at her condition, my eyes were watering up.

She couldn't have done this. Suicide? That's not Taarika Hayden. How did this happen? She knew how to swim, how did she drown?

My heart was literally beating a 1000 times per second. I had to save her.

CPR. I knew CPR.

I intertwined my fingers and started with the compressions right below her right shoulder.

"One two three four"

My hands were shaking just by the thought that my Ta had attempted suicide and was leaving me. I didn't know if I was doing the right thing.

"One two three four"

Her cheeks became a darker shade of blue and I realized she needed oxygen. I clamped her nose shut and put my mouth on hers and blew out air. I opened up her nose and after a few seconds I repeated the process again.

I pulled back after a while and saw the blue disappear from her face and she coughed out water.

That was a good sign wasn't it? Why wasn't she opening her eyes?

I ran and grabbed two thick blankets and wrapped her fragile body with it. There was no trace of blue but her skin was still pale. She needed warmth.

I sat down and placed her in between my legs with the blanket wrapped around her. I rubbed her back and tried sharing my body warmth with her cold body.

Her eyes were still shut. Her face was nestled in my chest as I prayed for her to open her eyes.

What would have happened if I hadn't woken up? Why did she do this to herself? After all we've been through, she was leaving me by taking her own life?

Questions like that kept shooting in my mind. What was happening?

I could feel my eyes get heavier and I looked up at the sky. If I hadn't acted quick enough, Taarika would have died right in my arms.

"Please I'm sorry, get her back", I yelled to whoever was up there watching each and every move of ours.

"I love you Ta, you can't leave me, please don't this", I choked and hugged her tighter, still rubbing her back.

I couldn't imagine life without her. I know it was early to even admit that, but she was the motivation I required to stay alive on this goddamn island. Why did she do this to me?

"Open your eyes, I'm here now", I whispered in her ear as I rubbed her arm and rocked her body back and forth.

Her eyes slowly opened as she coughed out more water.