Fever.

Day 07

Niall's P.O.V.

I woke up to hot breath being sprewn across my neck. I saw Taarika facing me, fast asleep and her mouth was slightly open. My hand was on her waist and I could feel her skin was hot. I placed my hand on her forehead and I was correct, she was running a fever.

"Ta. Ta, wake up", I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. I knew she would kill me for waking her up but I had to do it.

"What is it?", more hot air hit my neck when she spoke.

"You've got fever babe", and then she shot her eyes open. She repeated my actions and touched her skin.

"Fever? No. I can't get a fever. What if I die? No, I can't get a fever, its impossible", she kept mumbling things.

"Hey look at me", I made her face me, "Nothing will happen to you. We just have to get your body temperature back to normal", I gave out a little smile trying to easen out her worries.

"But what if I die Niall?", she began hiccuping and I remembered that on the first day we spent on this island, she was hiccuping before she cried.

That could mean only one thing...

"Come here", I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms tight around her. She nestled herself in my chest.

"You aren't going anywhere okay? If you go, I go", I rubbed her back slowly. Her body heat was radiating off of her.

"Okay", she took a deep breath.

"Why don't you lay down for some time?", I pulled away and straightened out the sheath of cloth we were sleeping on. She nodded and I placed a soft kiss on her forehead. After she lay down I covered her with another thin cloth so she wouldn't suffocate.

I stroked her hair till I knew she fell asleep and I thought to myself how in the world was I so lucky to meet her. Who would have even thought out of all the possible 7 billion people, I would have been stranded with her and she would have been stranded with me?

I had to try to get her temperature down, but how was I supposed to do that?

I thought and thought for what felt like ages ad I came up with something my mom used to do when I had a fever - cold cloth technique.

I went to the nearby stream that we had discovered the other day while coming down from the hill. I collected its cool contents in a small vessel and went in search of a small cloth, even a handkerchief would be perfect.

Luckily Taarika had white napkins in her suitcase. I took two with me and went upto her.

"Babe?", I placed my hand on hers. "Don't get up, you can lie down, I'll just be putting this alright?", she opened her eyes and I showed her the cloth. She gave me a simple nod.

I dipped the napkin in the water and squeezed a bit. I folded it twice and placed the wet cloth on her forehead.

"That feels good", she whispered. It was killing me to see her like that and not do anything about it since we were stuck on this goddamn island.

"How are you feeling now?", I asked as I dipped the napkin in the water again and repeated the same process.

"Better than what I was feeling hours ago", her eyes were shut, as she said in a soft whisper.

After dipping the napkin for about 20 times and trying to get her temperature back to normal, I spoke up.

"I'll be going to get some fish, yeah? I want you to do something for me", I helped her get up.