Storm.

It was a very glum day, dark clouds surrounded us since morning. There was a huge storm coming in and I wondered how in the world were we to protect ourselves from it?

Niall couldn't go fishing as the tides were settling in and I didn't want another reason to worry about. Yes it meant no food for the day but that was not more important than Niall's life. Our clothes were flapping away against the wind. Niall stood up and opened his arms wide enjoying the wind. There was an unspoken silence then as everything went still. The waves calmed down, the trees stopped rattling, the clothes were in a complete attention state. Something was wrong.

Niall looked at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we looked out into the ocean. There was this eerie silence. We saw the clouds shifting and it became darker. If it was going to storm, we would have no where else other than the plane to take shelter in.

"Its like the calm before a storm", I felt Niall's chest vibrate.

In one second a huge gust of wind passed us and I swear it would have taken us with it. Niall's grip grew tighter. The waves started going crazy, trees were swaying as if in any given second they would be uprooted and taken away, our clothes lost its hold and flew away.

Niall quickly grabbed my hand and ran away from the plane. My hair was whipped against my face, I had no idea as to why he was running backwards rather than going towards the plane.

He bent down and slung his guitar across his shoulder and we dragged ourselves towards the plane. Of course he had to take his guitar, without it he was like and Irishman without beer. It took whatever force that was left within us to push ourselves against the wind to reach the plane. I don't know whether it was the wind or the idea that we were going to spend time in the plane, but i was feeling sick in the gut. It felt like if I lost Niall's grip the wind would for sure take me away.

Niall tightened his grip, piercing into my wrist, but I couldn't feel anything other than the wind hitting my face. We finally got near the plane and with one push from Niall at my legs, I pushed my body inside. I helped Niall up and we went towards the back, since there wasn't any opening there for the wind to come in.

I pushed my hair away from my face and Niall did the same. When I looked at him, there was something wrong, his face was pale and his eyes were dry.

One mucos filled cough from him proved my instincts correct, he was sick. He sat down on one chair bending his upper body down and coughing out for his dear life. It was miserable seeing him like this. I patted his back and pushed his hair behind, trying to comfort him.

"What's wrong? Do you feel like puking?"

"I think I'm coming down with something", he said in between coughs.

I waited till he calmed down and placed the back of my palm against his forehead. He was running a temperature.

"Niall you're hot", I sat down next to him.

"Sure thing", he tried to flash me a smile but his cough took over.

"You need some warmth", I looked outside from the small window and all our things were scattered around the beach. Clothes literally disappeared , magazines were flying, everything was helter skelter. My eyes searched for a blanket and I saw one lying next to a tree. But if I didn't act quick, we would have lost that blanket too.

"I'll be back, don't move", I ordered as I made my way towards the part in which we came in through.

I heard a number of words being mumbled, probably Niall was stopping me but we wouldn't survive this without some warmth. So I ignored his pleads and held on to the door. I could feel the cool wind hit me and my heart beated faster. My eyes were only on the blanket. I walked towards it, my eyes squinting shut, slowly and steadily and reached it in no time. I wrapped the blanket around me otherwise the wind would have taken it away making this trip a waste. I took a deep breath and walked back towards the plane. It felt like I was dragging tons of metal with me because each step I took forward resulted in the wind pushing me two steps behind. The only thoughts shooting through my mind was what was happening to Niall? I was no doctor but I could tell he was coming down with something. He was perfect a while ago but then what happened now?

I reached the plane after what felt like hours and hurried inside. I put all the wooziness that I was feeling behind and concentrated on Niall. He had his head back against the chair as he took deep breaths. The guitar was kept on the floor and his hand placed on  his stomach. Niall's body was going white, literally. I ran quickly and wrapped the blanket around him. He looked at me and his eyes were red from tears.

"I hate this", he mumbled. I pushed the armrest lying in between both our seats and wrapped my hands around his body. I rubbed his back trying to share some of my body heat with him. When Niall's body slumped and became a bit relaxed I knew what I was doing was working.

I kept rubbing his back and held on to him tighter. I had to think of a way of doing something. The puky feeling because of being in the plane grew in my stomach. I pleaded for it to fade away but it just wouldn't. I shut my eyes and then Niall wrapped his arms around me which made that feeling to disappear slowly.

"Thank you for going back out there. I wouldn't have thought you would."

"Niall you're really sick, we have to do something."

"Let's just sleep till the storm winds down, I'll be better I promise."

I nodded to which Niall kissed my hair. His body was still hot but atleast he had stopped coughing.

....

I woke up with a splitting pain through the left part of my body. I hadn't shifted from my position but Niall somehow found his way to my lap. His head was resting against my leg with the blanket wrapping me with a little bit of it falling on his head. I cursed myself for allowing Niall to wrap the blanket around me because it meant that he did not get any warmth.

I craned my neck and looked out. It felt like it was nearing night because it was pitch black everywhere. Thunder and lightning took over the wind, but it still wasn't safe for us to go out.

"Niall", I shook his shoulders and a pang of coldness hit my hand, it felt like I had touched an ice cold vessel.

"Shit what's happening to you", I tried getting him up but my body pain was killing each move of mine. I managed to get off the seat and allowed Niall to rest flat on the seat. He opened his eyes but did not get up.

"I feel like I'm dying", he whispered as I wrapped the blanket around him. He was hot a while ago and now stone cold. What was happening?

"Don't say that", I placed my finger on his lips. Just the thought of Niall dying right in front of me was unbearable. I dare not even think about it.

"There's nothing wrong with you. You are strong enough, its just a small fever. You'll be fine in a while, just get some rest", I rubbed his forehead as he shut his eyes. Maybe telling him that nothing was wrong would give him some will to fight whatever he was going through.

I sat down on the floor and looked at him. His eyes were still shut, the paleness of his face looked worse than ever. I felt a tear escape my eye when my brain proceeded what was happening. What if he was really sick and I couldn't do anything about it?

"Kiss me one last time and I'll get rid of this", I heard him whisper. His lips moved up to form a smile. I placed my lips on his and kissed him. His breath was hot.

I pulled back and looked at him, "this is not our last kiss."

His eyes shone again and I kissed the tip of his nose.

"Now get some rest I can't see you like this", I smiled and shut his eyes.

"I love you Taarika Hayden."

"I love you Niall Horan."

A/N

Just 2 chapters and an epilogue left!

I hope you liked this chapter, please vote as it just takes a second to.

This chapter is dedicated to @rociodiaz1525 ! Thankyou so much for all your support.

I am currently sitting with 16,700 reads, and a big kiss and hug from me who've stuck by me till the end.

Thank you x