anything for you

summary: Jeongguk is the toughest man out there. He's got the steel nerves and strong resolve to resist practically anything. Really. The word soft doesn't even exist in his vocabulary. Well, that is, until Taehyung is involved.
genre: super fluffly and smutty lol
by: coffeetxe on ao3, https://archiveofourown.org/works/10991004

____________

Jeongguk is not soft. Really. Seriously.

At least, that's what he tells his reflection in the mirror when Taehyung had begged him to make pancakes for breakfast for the fifth time this week, and Jeongguk didn't have the heart to tell him no.

"Gukkie!" Taehyung's voice calls from somewhere downstairs.

Jeongguk stares himself down for a second longer. No chocolate chips, Jeongguk vows. Pancakes for the fifth time, but not a single chocolate chip. Willpower somewhat more resolute, he nods at the mirror one last time before shuffling out of the bathroom.

Taehyung waits for him at the bottom of the staircase, soft white sweater hanging off his shoulder and baby blue boxers peeking out under the hem. When Taehyung's eyes light up at seeing his boyfriend appear, Jeongguk swears it does not (does) make his cheeks flush with warmth. And when Taehyung reaches out to intertwine their hands, his heart absolutely does not (does) skip a beat.

"What took you so long?" Taehyung asks, swinging their connected hands as they enter the kitchen.

"Washing up," Jeongguk responds, pulling down the box of pancake batter from the cabinet. Taehyung would definitely laugh at him if he told him about the little session he had in front of the bathroom sink. His boyfriend hums, coming up behind him and hooking his chin over his shoulder. He watches Jeongguk make the mix, fingers dancing along the waistband of his sweatpants.

When the pancakes are bubbling in the pan, Taehyung's hands pause in a firm grip around his waist. "Gukkie," he murmurs into the curve of his neck.

Jeongguk's heart squeezes. He knows what's coming.

"Can we add chocolate chips?"

There it is.

Jeongguk shakes his head. "No, sugar, we did last time, remember?"

Taehyung's bottom lip pushes out in a pout. "Please?"

Jeongguk swallows. Don't give in. Don't give in. Don't—

"I'll wear those lace panties you bought me for my birthday."

Jeongguk chokes, coughing into his fist to try to maintain some kind of composed image. Taehyung laughs, and his smug smile tells him two things he already knows: Taehyung has him wrapped around his finger, and they're having chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

"Thank you, baby," Taehyung nuzzles him gently, pulling away to grab some plates. Jeongguk immediately shivers from the loss of heat.

"Anything for you," he responds, terrifyingly honest. He can't help it. Not when the early morning light streams through the curtains and makes Taehyung's features glow like some angelic entity. Not when Jeongguk can't stop his heart from swelling three sizes at his boyfriend's sleepy, adoring smile.

"I love you." Taehyung breathes into the quiet space between them. Jeongguk slides their pancakes onto the table and tugs Taehyung into the seat next to him.

"I love you more." he leans in close to press a warm kiss to his lips.

Taehyung scrunches his nose, giggling. "Sap."

"You love it," Jeongguk pulls back, grinning. "Don't even try to deny it."

Taehyung shrugs, eyes twinkling. "Lucky I'm such a softie for you too."