*Chapter 1* The Auction.

Here I go, walking up Death Row to meet my fate. I go on to the stage room with only an announcer and black window where you can't look in but they can. I go to the announcer and he whispers something in my ear, "What's your name, kid?" I quickly reply with no question as that's what an experienced slave does. "Shelby. Shelby Jynx" I whispered back.

     "Here is number 23. Her name is Shelby Jynx, hard worker, very rare, for she is an Oracle, she's fed before, a virgin-" (This getting many cheers and my face to turn dark red) "- And she is 16 years of age, no back talk, bad behavior, etc., bidding starts at $1,500"

     I didn't realize how much I was worth for being and Oracle or rare or a virgin or... Any of that stuff really. I just thought I was the worthless brat they treat me like. I refuse to get my hopes up on a nice Master since my luck is horrible. But I will still keep my straight backbone!

     I realized that a woman had bought me and I couldn't see her when I was quickly escorted out. I was shoved in my cell and locked up. It would be exactly 24 hours until I left here with that woman and started a new life. So I just had to wait it out. I thought about things a lot. I thought about my safe life with my mother and father and pet albino wildcat. I thought about the muderer of my mother and his crimson-silver eyes and how I would hunt him down once freedom came to the slaves. (Which probably won't happen) I've though a lot lately because we slaves aren't aloud to talk to ourselves (which is pretty rediculous anyway), sing to ourselves, not even hum to ourselves. 

   All of us slaves wish to have a better life. Some wish to go back to their old lives where it must've been nice and cheerful. Some wish to find new lives with their own Caster/Sibyl. (Note: Casters and Sibyls usually hate eachother, its just their nature. And so people aren't really happy about my birth.) Some even want revenge, to be a Master of the Vampires and kill them all by beating them to death.

   I hadn't realized I was crying because of my thoughts until I saw my torn up dress nearly soaked of my tears. I gasped and tried to make myself look presentable. Then afterwards I curled up fetal position and dozed off to a dreamless sleep. Hoping high hopes that my new Master is nicer than the rest. I only hope so much because this is my first time having a female Master. Or a Master at all for that.

    I woke up to a sharp pain in my gut. And another. And another. Damn, another! What is that?! I sat up only to be kicked back to the concrete floor. I quiclky opened my eyes to see what was hapening but when I looked up, all I could see were His eyes. The same guy who killed my mother, the same man who had the silver pinched crimson eyes. Was I going to be killed by his hand too?!

   No. A sharply loud and feirce growl came between us, and I was shocked it was coming from me. Apparently so was He, because all of a sudden I was pinning him to the ground with such force his body cracked the cement foor. It was like my subconsious was controlling me. I was there but not controlling my body. I threw him against the cement wall and suddenly with unnatural speed, I was there, across the room, trapping him in a corner. 

   "Why are you here?! What is your purpose, Murderer?!" I shouted at his face. But he just snickered and disappeared from me like smoke disappating. I hadn't realized I was bleeding on my knuckles until the smoke cleared, showing me my bloody fist of fury. I tore a makeshift bandage from the fabric of my dress and covered up my wounds.

   Maybe that's why he left. My blood? Maybe. Who would want nasty Oracle blood? Probably everyone according to my auction. Whatever, I need more sleep before they come to get me. I need to be wide awake for my master.