*Chapter 21* Lot's Of Hate, Little Of Love.

Comments? Please? Sorry if my typing is bad, I'm using a friend's laptop and her keys stick.

   I freaked out. I hadn't thought about my father lately. But seeing him now, made my skin quiver. I needed to get away. Immediately! I looked around for an escape route and found none. I only had one choice; stay and fight.

    I stood high on the stop light and straightened my back. I heard a foot scuffle the ground behind me, but didn't turn. I knew if I did, Vincent would choose that time to attack. I watched him with determined eyes and felt the anger of the pain he had caused me for years rise in my throat.

    I stopped time but he kept moving. I heard a clearing of the throat and I still didn't turn. But I did keep my eyes in Vincent as I dropped down from the light and used my wings to lighten the blow of falling. Vincent chuckled. I refused to call him my father. He doesn't deserve the respect.

    Vincent clucked his tongue at me, "Daughter, I'm afraid you shouldn't be out on the streets without a guardian." He chuckled  again.

    I straightened my back, "Any good father who KNOWS how to raise a daughter would know that she needs no guardian who is just out to kill her. Besides, I'm safe with-" I turned to see Viktor, Nick, Nelo, and that strange man from the counter all behind me. "Fuck it I'm screwed." I joked and smiled at them.

    I turned and saw Vincent's face just inches from mine. No surprise. He frowned at me. "Language daughter. What a foul mouth you have there. Certainly not from me." He stood straight like I embarrassed him. 

     "I didn't get anything from you. It's as if you weren't even my father. Which would have been great for everyone." I looked at my leg at the scar from where he cut me with a knife. I was so used to them now. I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

     "Oh?" He smiled and loomed over me. His scent was enticing. Oh my GOD was I attracted to him?! Ewe! No way! I shook my head and thought about all my encounters to Demons. I was partially attracted to all of them. He was no different.

      I raised an eyebrow and struck his cheek so hard he spit a tooth out. I smirked and stepped back, earning my personal space once more. He held his cheek and said, "Well that may have been a bit rude."

      I looked at the cafe' guy. I held out my hand, "And if you are attending thing, may I ask your name?" he took it and said, "Dray Rune, The Dark Secret. I'm afraid three Demons, a Vampire, and an Oracle cannot defeat one of the Great Demons." I wasn't shocked to see Vincent become a Great.

      I shrugged and turned to a very impatient-looking Vincent. "Enough playing around. These people are worthless. I've already killed one. So just come with me and maybe I won't kill you, but only give you to the Greats."

      I looked at him skeptically, "And what happens if you can't kill me by the time of The End?"

He shrugged, "I die."

    I nodded and said, "I'm not leaving without a fight." I started time again and told the four behind me,"Find Silas, tell him he's taking my place as the only Color Seeker." I slammed my hand against his face and ran so fast it was as if we Teleported to the rocky clearing.

    I shoved him into the ground and he was buried in dirt. He rose to his feet and said, "I don't want to fight you, Shelby."

I wondered on this but shook my head, "Well I do, Vincent."

He scoffed, "I prefer 'Father' more but oh well, call me as you please, you'll be dead shortly."

I saw my eyes cloud with grey and I looked down to see my hands were holding an electricity ball and a double pointed sword. It had etching into it in a Demon language.