The Search Will Go On Chapter 45

"WHERE is she!" Nick exclaimed as he knocked over Silas's desk.

Silas closed his eyes as he kept his own worry at bay. He needed to think properly since Shelby's husband couldn't.

"I've sent WOLVES after her, wolves Silas! I don't even like wolves but I'm freakin willing to work with them!"

Silas looked at Nick and said, "Wolves are the top of our lists of hunters, Nicholas, if they can't find them-"

"DON'T."

Nick snapped his head at Silas with a beady glare, but Silas could see within his glare just how panicked and worried he was.

Shelby has been missing for forty-eight hours since the last time she's been seen. There are too many reasons as to why she could have gone missing, and too many places left un-searched before she could even be close to found. The garden was just too large, and no one saw where she went off to.

Also judging by the way her magic is right now, Shelby is unfit to save herself.

"Don't say it," Nick quietly begged, trying to keep himself from breaking into tears, "she isn't gone yet."

Time would only tell.

/Shelby's P.O.V.\

My eyes opened, I was no longer in a pile of my own blood. I couldn't turn my head. It was dark, but soon the ringing in my ear had stopped and I heard footsteps.

No, wait, those were horse shoes. Where exactly was I? I heard a bottle roll across the platform I was on. I summed up that I was on a carriage led by horses.

The carriage bounced as we rolled over a large rock. I groaned as a pain from my stomach shot throughout my body.

"You okay back there?" Someone called from outside the carriage.

Just then someone climbed up beside me, a heft looking man with tan skin, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. He looked like a model.

"Where- ack!" I turned my head and coughed up some dark liquid that smelled of blood.

"Take it easy, we found you at the foot of a cliff, it's surprising you lived," the man's soothing voice felt like silk against my ears.

"Who're you?" I whispered, trying not to repeated the last time I tried to speak.

"The name's Chester," he smiled and asked, "don't worry about introducin' yourself, Color Seeker."

"How..?" I looked at him, confusion clear on my face.

"We saw your eyes changin' it up with the colors and stuff. It looked like it was tryin' to keep you alive or something, but in the state you were in, I don't know if that was possible," he paused and quickly continued, "We couldn't perform surgery on you until we got back to the farmhouse, we just hoped you'd survive till then," he said, taking off his farmer's hat and holding it to his chest with a pitying gaze.

My eyes widened and I lifted my head high enough to see a very bloody bandage on my swollen stomach. I could only stare in the horrifying shock that swept over me. It felt like the months of happiness and love and excitement were only a figment of my imagination, and now I've lost my family, friends, and loved ones in one terrible accident.

Very soon my gaze was filled with tears and my head fell back onto the boards of the carriage with a loud "THUNK"
Chester winced at the action.

Enough time had passed until my tears had wore me out and I fell back asleep.