*Chapter 19* How To Save A Life.

I woke up and realized I had let Silas fight Viktor alone. I got out of bed only to run into Nick's bare chest. I pushed pathetically at him to move but he just stood there with glowing red eyes in the darkness. I gave and exasperated sigh and grabbed his hand. I ran past him and ran for the door.

    I yelped when he pulled me back and hugged me tightly. I squirmed in his hold and finally gave up to talk. 

    "Nick, let go of me. I need to check on Silas!" When he didn't let go I saw yellow light the room as I was covered in yellow ribbon strips and teleported next to Nick. He looked at me and closed his eyes, giving a small sigh.

    "Don't go after them, Sherbet. They've been at it all night." He said like he was trying to soothe a rabid bear.

I shook my head. "No, I need to back Silas up. It's my fight too! And Viktor's calling for a death wish if they've been at it all night! Silas NEEDS me!" I turned to walk to the door but Nick grabbed my hand.

I closed my eyes and kept my temper tolerable.

"Nick. I will say this only once. Remove your hand from mine or I'll knock your teeth so far down your throat, you'll have to drop your pants to eat your food." My voice was growing in the dark and quiet room.

He sighed and let go, only to hug me again. This hug was gentle so I hugged him back. I turned to my walk in closet and pulled on a shirt. I realized he was crying and I approached him.

"What's the matter, Nick? I've gotten into worse situations." I said and he nodded. 

    "After years since you set me free, I've worried and thought about you. As your guardian, I thought keeping you here will keep you safe, but really I'm putting you in my cage." I shook my head and hugged him tighter. I looped his arm in mine and looked at him.

   I closed my yellow eyes as ribbons covered us and took us to a field that stretched for miles. It reminded me of the black rose field and as I looked around I found a pond about a mile away. I saw Silas and Viktor covered in cuts and bruises, circling each other about 100 feet away.

   I sprinted towards them and stopped in the middle of their circle. They were both surprised to see me and I took that opportunity to speak.

"Viktor, go home. There is no benefit of fighting. There will NOT be any more fighting as I am stopping this one. Forever. So go home Viktor, I will not allow your rude behavior anymore. I'll only allow you to be polite around me and my friends."

They both left their defence positions and Viktor nodded. I glanced behind him to see Abbey passed out on the dead grass. I gasped and sprinted to her. I picked up her head and checked her pulse.

She had none. 

    I looked up at Viktor and stood, walking towards him and hearing static crackle over my eyes. Silas took this opportunity to get behind me and hold me back. But I only shoved him as he was pushed far enough to land on the grass beside Abbey.

    I shoved Viktor's terrified body to the dead ground and loomed over him. 

"You stupid FUCK! you Turned ABBEY!" I struck his nose and it bled.

He just smiled at me and said, "I had to. She threatened me."

He chuckled and I stomped my combat boot on his laughing chest. He made a wheezing sound and lost his smile. I gripped both sides of his head and slowly turned it to one side. 

   I was going to break his neck. Wait why? Because he Turned Abbey into a Vampire! She was a Sibyl! It could KILL her for good! 

    My trace of thought was interrupted by someone tackling me. Nick had run all the way over her to knock me to my senses. He slapped me. Hard. I came to my senses and said, "Thank you."  I felt the red fade from my eyes and I sat up, Nick still straddling me.