*Chapter 25* A Date With A Devil.

I sighed and looked at my watch; 7:45.

I looked at my dress; Black strapless dress with layers underneath with "Bullet holes" on it and a red ribbon around my stomach. I wore my used converse and netting black gloves. Black net stockings peeked under my dress.

I turned to Maya, "Thanks for making me look so beautiful, you should be a designer."

He giggled, "I don't think designers have kitty ears and a tail."

She stopped when she saw my pained expression, "What's wrong?"

"You put so much work in this outfit, but I'm wasting it on some guy I barely know." I said.

She giggled, "Please, this isn't even trying. Besides, it's not like you're marrying this guy, just dinner  and a slave."

8:00 pm.

I shrugged, "Yea I guess, I mean, I've been through worse."

Suddenly I jolted, thinking of that bomb-guy. Judging by the look on Maya's face, I had stopped time.

I groaned and started time again,"Sorry, I stopped  time. I need to get control my powers."

She frowned and said,  "You do know what that means, don't you?"

My eyes widened and I shook my head refusing. It meant I needed more blood! But she just  closed  her eyes dismissively and pulled on the edge on her collar. I put a hand on her chest and shook my head. Even if  she offered it, I would refuse one of my best friend's blood.

8:20 pm.

I walked out of the room before her neck tempted me any longer, only to run straight into Abbey, who had  just come back from eating a VERY rare steak. I could smell it.

My eyes threatened a hunting red and I grabbed my emergency baseball bat and bashed it against my skull. By that moment I had my sense and I smiled weakly to myself, slowly walking out of the closet. 

Abbey followed, looking at me like I should be in the insane asylum, but with everything happening to me lately, maybe I did. I grabbed a pocket knife off the dresser and handed it to Abbey. I turned and pointed at my back when I noticed her worried look. I heard her sigh relieving and I smiled.

I sat on the bed and moved my hair out of the way. I needed her to cut slits in my dress so I can let out my wings.

8:30 pm.

Just as I felt the knife lightly touch the dress I heard the doors open and Nicks face poke in. Nick's expression went from happy, to serious fury as he raced from the door and tackled Abbey. She let  out a startled squeal as he pinned her to the floor. 

I couldn't control myself as my eyes turned a bright crimson and I heard a growl escape my lips.

Maya, being the smart cookie she is, knew what was happening to me and yelled, "Shelby don't! I can handle it!"

I faltered and shook my head. That didn't work, I still wanted to eat him. I slapped my forehead repeatedly. That didn't work either, I still wanted to eat him. I ran to the emergency baseball bat and pounded it against my head. I sat on the bed and couldn't think over their arguing. 

8:45 pm.

A loud, unusual growl filled the room and I was shocked to find that the growl was from me. Apparently so were they, so I took this opportunity to explain.

"Abbey get over her and fucking cut my dress already, I need PAIN!" I yelled as she scampered out of Nick's hold and quickly cut slits in my dress.