*Chapter 5* Meeting Prince Onyx.

I tried not to snicker as I saw her double over in pain and hold her cheek. Damn, I even felt sorry for her. That is until she looked at me watching her patiently and stormed over to me. She looked into my eyes as if she could read my mind, but I knew she couldn't. Vampires can't do that. But as she looked in my eyes, I gave no acknowledgment that I knew why she was in this pain. I felt a bit bad for her. 

    Well only until I flew 3 feet across the room and slammed into the coat rack. It didn't take long for the pain in my cheek to pulse to life. But it didn't take that long for me to swallow it all down and get to my feet, looking at her patiently for a command. Or for her to speak at all.

I could see that me not whining or scampering to my feet pathetically or even holding the throbbing hand print on my cheek was pissing her off even more. She wanted me to cry out. She wanted me to be pathetic. I won't give her that pleasure. No, I refuse.

"Well, aren't you the little perk of the mansion? Hm? Don't want to tell me why my face hurts so fucking much?!" She screeched at me.

"No Mistress. I was wondering the-" I was interrupted by another strike across my face, making me fly a good 10 feet until I hit the nearby wall. I swallowed back a cry of pain and got up to my feet. Standing straight like one of those England guards who people try to get to laugh all the time, but guards don't budge.

And neither will I.

I focused on stopping time again. She was walking up to me with a threatening hand to strike again and suddenly she stopped. I smirked and met her halfway. I raised my hand (Matching hers) and slapped her so herd it echoed off the quiet walls. If you would rate it, I guess you would've said I'd made her my bitch. But she did nothing.

I laughed an angelic laugh and walked mack to where I was waiting to get struck and I played time once more. She resumed a step and stopped. Holding her cheek as if it was on fire. 

(Get on your knees and apologize for blaming me.)

As I watched She did so and stuttered out "I-I'm sorry for doubting you, Shelby." Then she shook her head and looked in my eyes, her own becoming a threatening red as she raised her hand once more. "How dare you fucking mess with me you bitch! Let alone Compel me!" 

I closed my eyes and waited for the strike that never came. Instead, what did come was a doorbell ringing. "Well? Answer it!" She said, but I was already rushing past her to answer it.

I opened the door. 

Holy smoking mother of waffles.

It was the Prince. He looked like someone you'd find in a swimsuit calendar. He had long black hair that had streaks of crimson, his hair fell in his eyes, (You'd think it was on purpose), and he flipped it from his eyes habitually. He was wearing a black tuxedo and black dress shoes. He was about six foot seven and he loomed over me. 

"P-please come in, Prince Onyx." I stuttered, shutting the door behind him and taking his offered jacket. Our hands brushed and there was a static shock that passed us and all I could see was blue. I gasped quietly and looked up to his blueish grey eyes, as I heard him intake breath and look back. I blushed and gently hung his jacket on the rack.

"Is there anything else you'd like me to do Mistress?" I stammered.

"Yes, slave, there is. Get the hell out of my sight and wait to the Dining Hall for further orders" She barked. I noticed she had something black on her lip and didn't notify her, instead I smirked and walked off.

(Wipe your lip, she noticed) I sent.

What? I can be nice... Sometimes. I listened to her gasp and looked to see she was looking at my blood that was on her lip now in her hand. As I turned to the Dining Hall I glanced back at him but he was already looking at me. His eyes were fully grey from where I could see.