*Chapter 15* No Longer A Slave.

She shook her head. "No, no, no no no no no No NO NO NO" I placed my hand to her mouth but could still hear her repeating it. She stopped and I took my hand back. "I can't lose you Shelby! You're my best friend. I don't wanna lose you!" She hugged me tightly and cried in my shirt.

   I felt black brim my eyes and saw I was crying black. Suddenly Nick appeared at my side and witnessed that I was busy. He was about the leave when he saw me crying black.

   He cleared his throat and said, "I guess I don't need to make you a demon. Looks like you're already becoming one." I swiped a little off my cheek and looked at it, Abbey looked at him. I looked up from my fingers and said, "What did you do to me?!" I yelled.

    I saw red outline my vision as I stepped away from Abbey. She gasped and ran up the stairs. I faced Nick and he looked like he could've peed his pants if he wanted to. In the next moment I had him pinned to the wall and felt that he DID pee his pants.

    "I didn't do anything! This is happening on your own!" My face softened as I looked into his honest eyes. I stepped away and looked at my hands, the red leaving my eyes. "N-No. B-But why?" I asked.

     "Beats me, this stuff only happens if an ancestor was a Demon. It happens every 3 lifetimes. Looks like your great grandmother or great grandfather was a Demon." He shrugged and rubbed his throat. 

     I looked at the print I made on his throat and winced, looking at my hands. "I'm so sorry, Nick." I said and he nodded. I looked at him and my eyes glowed orange.

   A swarm of orange ribbon strings went to him and surrounded his body. They dissolved on his neck and back. The rest lifted in the air and dissolved there.

    I heard him moan and I giggled. He blushed white and looked away. Abbey came down from the stairs and poked him. "Oh my god, you're real! I thought Demons were just myths!" I smiled and shook my head. He blushed whiter and held his arm where she poked him.

    "Myths? Well that's awfully rude of your parents to teach you that." He said.

    I looked around the basement and shuttered. I places a finger in a puddle of blood by the staircase and saw me cutting Cornelius with my knife. I threw my hand to my mouth and took it back. I vomited black in the puddle of tainted red.

   I felt nauseous and saw the room twirl around. I stumbled and nearly fell to the floor. Nick caught me before I did and carried me bridal style to the Dining Hall. 

    "Don't fall asleep, the barriers stopping time will fall. Abbey, change out of the bloody horror. Shelby? Shelby, you have to stay awake!" I opened my eyes to see Nick looking back with such worry in his eyes. 

    We made it to the dining hall and he set me in an empty seat, running back and grabbing breakfast. He ran back and put it in front of me. I looked at the cheesy eggs and bacon and hash-browns. I picked up a hash-brown and stuck it in my mouth. 

   I moaned. It was delicious! Until I threw it up again. I wiped my mouth and looked at Nick for ideas. I haven't eaten in forever and I need something in my system. Or else I will die. I got an idea!

   I closed my eyes and opened them, knowing they were orange. I placed my hands on my stomach and felt it open up to food. I quickly stuffed my face and leaned back. I saw the orange leave my eyes and my stomach felt terrific.

   I smiled reassuringly at Nick who looked like he was going to vomit himself. I got up and saw Abbey in a Sailor Moon T-Shirt and tight blue jeans with Vans on. Her hair was jet black with a little white in it.