TRUST ME

I was just casually walking into the class with Laurel and sat beside her. Days had passed since I visited Leo.  both of us kept it between four eyes.  I took my books out of my backback and the second I turned my head away, the crowd was around Leo.
"Hey, Camila come over here. Let's play chess." Leo called at me.
"I don't play chess" I said.
What is he doing? Why ask me? I looked down at my desk taking out a black pen starting to doodle on the front of the notebook. I know the girls stared at me, it gave me chills across my neck.
"Camila, do you have notes from the math class?" sophie asked
I started laughing. I looked like a mad person, just sitting there laughing at nothing.
"What!" She said.
"No nothing,.. " I said.
I died of laughter. My stomach hurted. The other nerds across the room started laughing themself.
"TELL ME!" she said more agressivly.
Laurel gave me a don't-say-something-wrong. Look.
"No it's just funny. That this was the first time you said my name right" I said, still chuckling.
Sophie folded her t-shirt arms up, and was ready to beat my ass. When the paper assignments on Mrs. O'Brian's desk started getting on fire. The fire alarm rang and everyone got out of the classroom.

We stood on the footballground in a line and waited till the firefighters were done extingushing the fire.
"How'd you do it on the math test.?" Leo whispered to me.
I didn't want to answer him. I was afraid of getting beaten up by Sophia, mostly I was terrified of not having Laurel as my friend if that happens. I can't go back to how my life was, not a single day without my girls.
"I know you heard me." He said.
I continues ignoring him.
"Hey you" I said to the boy beside me.
"Um.. Josh? Can you tell the boy next to you that I said the mental institution?" I said to him.
"I'm George" he said.
"Whatever, just whisper it in his ear" I told him.
George leaned over and told him that. I prayed that Leo would understand what I ment. Leo smiled. I took it as a yes.
"Who are you talking to?" Laurel said.
"Nobody, I'm comming" I said running to her.
Nobody was allowed to leave the footballfield before everything was okay, but who cares. I could have stopped the fire too, which made me wonder. How did the fire even start?

After school we stood on the busstop, Sophia was still giving be bitchy looks.   It was cold outside, the wind blew my hair everywhere. Again Leo came.
When it was only me and Leo in the bus I managed to talk to him.
"Thanks, I got a B+. You?" I said.
"That's great. I got an A" he said.
Of course he's getting A's. Stupid question.
He was about to leave the bus when he asked me.
"Are you comming?"
My face blomed and I got out a smile.
"You understood that." I chuckled and we got out of the bus again walking together up the hill. It was covered in colorful orange, red, yellow, and brown maple leaves.
"Please don't mention my name at school" I said.
"Why? Am I not allowed to talk to you?" He said.
"I was about to get beaten up by my own friends, because of their jealosy. Don't turn my friends againt me."
"What makes you think that they're jealous of you?" He asked.
I had no answer to that. I found sudden interest on my sneakers and held my eyes on the ground.
"The point is. Don't talk to me at school" I said.
Leo fickled with his key and opened the door. A warm air hit me in the face making me very tired.
"That means that you have to visit me often" Leo said. 
I avoided and tried pushing away what he said.
"So warm and cozy inside. Lucky you are. "I said.
He called at his mother, but there was no answer.
"Do you want something to eat?" He asked going into the kichen.
I followed him, and sat on the barstool at the other small dining table that they had.
"Yes, I can make mac&cheese" I said.
"No problem, I've got this" Leo said.
He grabbed spaghetti from the top shelf and some premade pastasause from the fridge. In matter of minutes he was ready with two plates of Pasta Bolognese.
I had no words. The food looked like a  masterchefs work.
"Oh, mom learned me how to cook." He added.
If the other girls had known this, they would kill each other to get him. We ate the food and got into his room.
This time it was just akward silence, we had nothing to say or do. I hated akwardness. One of us had to break the silence.
"So do you have any siblings?" He asked.
"Just me." I said.
Leo fixed his hair at the mirror and pulled the rim of his shirt upwards. 
Was he serious. He just took take his shirt of. Like woooow. He stood there with his upper torso exposed to me. I couln't resist staring at him. He litterally glowed like Calypso. He had sixpack and was in full shape. He was just sooo hot. Now I understand the other girls. He was just amazing.
"What?" He said.
I couldn't hear what he said. I was just amazed. He's looking like a hollywood star, so beautifull and right out of a movie.
"Stop staring at me" he said.
He pulled a new green shirt down his abs and wooosh I was back on track.
"Um.. I'm. Eh.. sorry" I stammered.
He just laughed it of.
"Can you play?" I asked him.
He looked at his guitar.
"Only if I can teach you to play too" he said.
I nodded and he picked up the guitar. He sat on the bed and I sat opposit him on his working desk.
He started playing a fingerstyle version of Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. I drowned in the music. He was soo good. I hummed along, now walking around his room. I looked at his bookshelf and picked out one of the books I noticed.
"Hmm... Romeo &Juliet" I asked him
He continued playing.
"It was her favorite" he said looking at Calypso's photo.
I bit the inside of my mouth. Okay..
"Did she like Marvel or DC comics?" I asked him.
He stopped playing.
"Enough about her. Tell me about you" he said.
"What do you want to know?"
"Start with your family"
My happiness instantly faded away. I wet my lips and breathed in.  I grabbed a blue book I recognized and flipped it over pretending to read the back.
"My dear mother, Luna Gracia left dad and me alone when she got killed during a school-shooting. That poor woman just wanted to teach her studens, but look at fate. I was only two, daddy told me. Diego Gracia, my dad raised me as long as he could untill he too took his own life to join mom in heaven."
I sighed and fipped through the pages
"He cut himself in the bathtub."  I felt a slight pain on my finger when I flipped it.
"AUUGH. papercut" I said
"I screamed outside and the nighbours heard me and called the police. I was transfered into a orphanage and moved back in now that I'm an adult"
I ignored the pain amd wiped my tear of my cheek. I looked up at Leo, he was tearing up too.
"You alright?" I asked.
He put the guitar on the bed and came towards me and grabbed my hands.
"I'm sorry." His voice cracked.
"So will you teach me a song" I said changing the subject. It was too weird that he held me hand.
I ran to his bed and was ready with the guitar in my arms.
"Wait a sec" he said.
Leo came in and wrapped my pointerfinger in Superman band-aid.
He learned me four chords. Bm G A and Em.
He stood behind me and placed the guitarstrap over my head.
"Line your fingers over mine"
I looked at him. What?
"Trust me. Do it."
I lined my fingers over his hand and he did the right chordshape slowly explaining which finger was supposed to hold what sting down on which fret. I felt his breath on my neck, giving me a tingly feelimg through my body. I looked at him, our eyes locked.  I turned the guitar over so it was hanging upside down on my back. I looked deeply into his brown eyes, it was hard to take my eyes of him. He grabbed my hand and held it tight, pulling me closer into him. I gulped. I didn't notice but we were just millimeters from touchimg each other.
"I.. I think.. I should go." I said.
"Why? Are you nervous?" He asked
"NO!" I said.
"so stay" he said.
He grabbed my waist and now I was in his arms. I didn't know where to put my arms, but they automaticly rested on his shoulderes.
"Camila Gracia, you are one big mystery." He whispered.
Our lips barely touched as he talked. I lightly ran a finger across his lips and jawline.
"Curiousity is dangerous." I whispered back
"I'll take the risk" he said.

He pulled me closer, I closed my eyes. His lips were warm and soft, they touched mine. I ran my fingers through his hair. Still we weren't kissing. I had fireworks in my body, he made my heart beat faster. I pushed him away.
"That was random" I said.
"Yes, I could say that myself" he said smiling.

"I think I should go" I said. I had to run away, this was too much for me.  it was akward

"Wait. "He said grabbing my arm.

"We can drive you home, mom is downstairs" he said.
"Thanks, but nothanks. I'm fine taking the bus" I said and left the room.