Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Mahabang titigan ang namagitan sa aming dalawa. I didn't even blink just to prove him that I was serious with my words.

I know the moment I uttered my own words, and swore with my life that no matter what happened I'd do everything to fulfill it.

But if we're not going to have that easy path, it's either he'll approve me or I'll get the plane by force.

I already bargained my license in this battle. I am already down to use these wings to shelter these innocent people, and I am willing to risk my life for this fly.

Kung hindi man ako suportahan ng UASA sa desisyon kong ito, hindi nito mapipigilan ang nabuo kong desisyon.

UASA has the knowledge to inform and aware humans. We are trained to save people from calamities, but we can always do better.

And now that this country's facing not just the terrorists but another series of earthquakes, I know that they don't have any choice but to meddle. Iyon nga lang ay kung paano? The terrorists will assume that the incoming UASA is one of us.

Ipinilig ko ang ulo ko. I shouldn't think about it right now. I should convince the engineer in front of me the succeed.

"If you're not ordered to do this. Then, why?"

I sighed. Hindi lang iilang beses na akong tinanong nito. "I already started it. I just want to finish this. You have to tell me your answer. We're running out of time."

People are fools for looking for worthless things, they got slaved by their own idiocy, and they've been fighting for stupidity, but I know that I am not one of them. Because I fight for life, not for greed and power.

But it's hard to accept that they're growing in numbers— hindi lang ang mga terorista kundi maging ang sarili namumuno ng bawat bansa.

Minsan sumasagi na sa isip ko, kung may kapangyarihan lamang ako. I want to cleanse the earth and burn all those greedy fools. This world doesn't need to shelter more selfish humans.

"Hmm, let's see. How can you convince me?"

"Your president has the heart of a father, but he doesn't have the heart of a leader— or he suddenly got one after what happened. You can call him."

If from the very beginning, the president agreed with our plans, we might have avoided this situation.

I sighed.

A shattered nation will always be a result of having a foolish leader. And if the world will have thousands of foolish leaders— it will be soon a shattered planet.

The old engineer stood up and went to his smaller table. He pulled out the drawer and dialed his phone. I was tapping one of my feet while waiting for him.

Should I just steal the plane? But where is it possibly located?

Hinintay ko siyang makausap ang presidente pero walang sumasagot sa kanya.

Muli akong huminga nang malalim. "There are hundreds, or thousands of innocent people waiting for us. We have to work together to survive this, and let's help those innocent people to survive as well."

Masyadong nadadamay ang mga inosenteng tao sa katangahan nang mga sakim na iyon.

As I heard the continuous explosion outside, the scene of the family hugging each other inside that car crossed my mind, the innocent children and their dreams. . . it shouldn't be shattered because of these people's greed.

Tila hindi ako pinapakinggan ng lalaki. Kaya lumapit na ako sa kanya at marahas kong inagaw ang phone niya hawak niya.

"Don't let your country be a victim of this endless greed. Let's help each other," I pleaded.