Chapter 67

Chapter 67

When you were kids, have you ever wished to fly?

Have you ever caught yourself gazing up at the slow moving thing above the sky? Did you ever hope that someday, you'll be up there feeling the happiness and freedom of air? Have you ever wished for that overwhelming feeling?

Have you ever imagined yourself flying? Have you ever wished that you're given a chance to fly? Maybe some of children back then would wish to ride on a plane, seated with their parents while being served by foods and drinks.

But mine was different, yes I was still young back then and haven't experienced the painful past, but I have already noticed that most of the time I have this different taste compared with other children.

And I considered it as a gift.

"Behati! Tingnan mo may eroplano, dyan sumakay si Daddy papuntang ibang bansa!" One of my playmates waved her hand calling his daddy.

"Kapag lumaki ako, gusto ko rin sumakay sa eroplano."

I tried to hold my hand up, reaching the tiny image of the airplane above us. I wonder how this thing fly up? I wonder how it manage to fly considering the fact that it was made by purely metal.

It was hard making the damn kite fly made of plastic, but this thing is really amazing. I should study this, I should study this.

"Ikaw rin ba Behati? Gusto mo rin sumakay sa eroplano? Masarap sigurong lumipad." I smiled, still following the path of the airplane.

How I love talking with my fellow innocent kids, if I could just think simply like them. But I was born to think deeply, I was born awake right before my parent's eyes.

I heard that studying aeronautics was quite expensive and it's too impossible for my family to afford that.

Maybe, well maybe. I have this funny dream of mine. Hindi naman masama ang mangarap sa katulad kong bata.

I maybe this kind of mind, but still I am a child. Dreaming something impossible.

"Yes, of course. I would love to, but I want to be the pilot. The pleasure of sending people in their home will make me happier." I said, proudly.

Hindi ko pinangarap na basta na lang umupo sa eroplano habang walang ginagawa. I would love to fly with reasons.

At alam kong sa bawat lipad ng isang piloto, hindi lang kanyang sariling rason ang pinanghahawakan niya sa kanyang paglipad.

Behind his wings were the reasons why people were leaving their love ones for a far away journey.

Nakangiti akong lumingon sa kalaro ko. Masyado nang malayo ang naiisip ko.

"Wala na tayo sa school Behati, stop speaking English!" I laughed.

"Tayo na, laro na ulit tayo." Hinawakan ni Apple ang kamay ko at sabay kaming tumakbo.

When I saw my cousin Alys, I immediately removed my hand from her. Ayokong nagseselos si Alys, gusto niya kasi ay lagi akong sumama sa kanya.

From that day, when I see blue all I can remember was the blue sky and the airplane responsible for bringing people home.

The pilot.

And who would expect that I'll be one? Sinong mag-aakala na isang simpleng bata mula sa Tacloban na minsang nangarap ng imposible, naiwan, lumuha at nag-isa ay isa na ngayong ganap na piloto.