Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Nang makababa na ako at sumalubong sa akin si Commander Armstrong halos hindi na kami makapagsalita. All we did was to stare at each other without realizing that we have someone else with us.

"You know that I am really falling for you, right, Lieutenant Monzanto?"

I tried to open my mouth, but I chose to close it again. I hate to admit that I've already met someone who can steal my words— and he was standing in front of me, with his beautiful blue eyes.

Natahimik ako sa kanya at ang tanging nagawa ko na lamang ay matulala sa kanyang asul na mga mata. His eyes are can manipulate a woman's emotion—and I might be one of the victims of it.

Nawala lang ang paninitig namin sa isa't isa nang marinig namin ang boses ng engineer.

"Armstrong?!" he asked in an astonished voice.

Saglit lumingon sa likuran niya si Peter. He just blinked twice before he returned his attention to me. His eyes were expecting an answer.

When he failed to receive an answer, all I did was gasp when he took our small distance, he pulled me by my hand until I found myself locked in his arms.

"Comman—" sinubukan ko siyang itulak pero humigpit ang yakap niya.

"Are you going to call me selfish if I told you that sometimes, I want you to be weak? Because I want you to ask my help and call my name. . ." his embrace tightened.

Natigil na ako sa pagpalag sa kanya at hinayaan ko na siyang yakapin ako. "If you don't me, then I am. . . I need you, Lt. Monzanto."

Hindi ko na namalayan na nakapikit na ang aking mga mata habang pinakikinggan ang mabilis na tibok ng puso niya. "Your heartbeat. It's so fast." Bulong ko sa dibdib niya.

"Never been slower when I'm with you, Lieutenant."

Sa nangangatal kong mga braso ay dahan-dahan na akong yumakap pabalik sa kanya. "Thank you. I feel safe now, Commander."

Isang eksaheradong tikhim ang pumutol sa yakap namin. Ako ang unang kumalas at marahan kong itinulak si Pedro. At kapwa namin hinarap ang engineer na saglit ko na rin nakalimutan.

"What the hell? Is that you Engr. Wright?" Pedro asked, surprised. Hindi ba't nagtama na ang mga mata nila kanina?

"At last, you notice. You're still that lame little kid Armstrong. I heard that you're a commander now."

"Yes. Why are you here?" Peter asked.

The engineer did not reply and he looked at me.

"Is he your—" Pedro quickly interrupted.

"Yes, I am the boyfriend." Taas noo niyang itinuro ang kanyang sarili.

Kapwa kami nakatitig ni engineer kay Peter. I saw how he grimaced, and I shook my head. Sabay naming ibinalik ang atensyon sa isa't isa.

"He is not."

"Behati!" iritadong tawag nito sa akin.

Tumango ako kay Engr. Wrights. "Yes, he is my commander, Engr. Wrights. You can talk to him while I'll get ready. Where is your washroom?"

"There, just walk straight. You'll see a small door with a cactus plant."

"Thank you."

"Oh god, she's so cold. I thought we were fine Behati?"

"Yes," tipid na sagot ko.

His mouth gaped before I turned my back and left him with the engineer. I tried to look calm, but the moment they could no longer see my face, all I did was smile.