"The Race"

"Ohhh my gosh, ohhh my gosh. Ohhh my gosh." I said mumbling to myself as I started panicking. I quickly turned around and I could feel Asia's eyes on me.

"Nic, what's wrong? Why you acting weird?" She asked and I looked to her biting my lip.

"I don't know....I ummmm.....do you have water?" I asked her feeling my throat go dry. No matter how many times I tried to swallow the scratching of my throat was still there.

"Yeah lemme go get it." She said getting up and I quickly grabbed her hand.

"No, stay here. Stay here." I said. I know I was acting like a frantic ass little kid but he had that power over me.

"Okay....okay. I'll stay." She said looking around and I was trying my best not to draw attention to me. "I don't know if this makes you feel any better but they are walking over here." She said and my heart did the biggest pump almost  felt like it was trying to jump out my body. I grabbed my phone off the counter as I jumped off the stool going straight to the exit. I didn't even feel like grabbing my stuff. My only mission was to get the fuck outta there. I walked outside seeing our driver and I went up to him.

"Uhh...I'm in need of going to the hotel do you mind if you drive me back. I'll give you money for the gas." I said and he nodded and  I got in. I sat in my seat, sighing to myself as we got on the road and then I quickly jumped up remembering my dumb ass didn't even have a key to the room.

"The front desk probably have one for me right?" I asked myself as I looked at the window. I didn't even want to look in my camera cause I know I looked a mess. Today would be the fucking day I looked a hot fucking mess and then he pops up out of the blew. Why is life treating me like this? I try to take steps forward and then a whirlwind of past nobodies decides to show up. Well they aren't nobodies cause clearly they making me feel some type of way that I had to LEAVE MY JOB and runaway like the police was looking for me. I really needed to get a grip on life. I feel like this always happen to me. No matter where I left too, he would still come back and find me.

"Nicki get out the fucking car before I shoot you and your friend." Meek said as he eyed me and my ex best friends Natalia. I looked at her and she looked more frightened then me and I was hella scared of meek when he was angry.

"No." I said. I remember my voice was shaking so bad that I quickly regretted that answer. He clenched his jaw as he grabbed that ends of my hair pulling me out the car and I screamed as I went face first into the snow covered concrete. I heard Nat scream and I was already sobbing.

"Don't fucking touch her, are you stupid!?" I heard her yell. Two seconds later I heard two shots rung out and boom. She was gone.

He had said that she was a snake anyways but I never believed that. She was one of the people who had always advised me to leave Meek and find somebody else. Of course meek didn't like that and after the killing of her I didn't dare let any friend get close to me. I sometimes felt trapped in that relationship but I really really loved him so I stayed. He was first love, I gave him my virginity, I didn't really have family so him and Damien where the only people I had. I was living with him, he was the one who gave me money so my life really did depend on him.

After that incident I started saving up money. When he would give me money to buy the new Chanel purse I would save up and just buy a cheaper one. He didn't allow me to work so that's how I started saving up money. I didn't know when I was going to make that move....but I had to make sure I was ready. When I felt like there was some infidelity going on, that was kind've my chance to leave. When I lost the baby, I really did take that as a sign.

It took me about an hour to get back to the city and to my hotel. I gladly gave my driver the last of my twenty dollar and he denied it saying it was okay. I tried to reason with him but men are really stubborn. I ended up going inside of the hotel and guess who I saw lounging around. Me fucking ek.

" don't even run, ion bite shawty." He said and I clutched my phone in my hand  as I went up to the front desk ignoring his presence even though my heart was beating to the max. I hadn't really heard him talk in a good four years, it was a very bitter sweet moment. I wanted to go and hug him but I don't think that was goin' be the best. I gave the front lady my name and the number and told them the penthouse suite was under the name inked. I had to wait a few minutes and meek was still breathing down my back and I was a whole mess.

The lady finally came back with my key and I quickly tried to leave out the lobby but that failed cause once I got in the hallway waiting for the elavator there he came strolling in.

" so we not speaking now? That's what we doing." His strong philly accent was still evident and I was trying to keep my tears in together. He was really in the flesh, meek.

" how the Fuck did you even know where the fuck I'm sleeping at and how the hell you get here first." I said getting frustrated cause I was sick and tired of waiting for the elevator to hurry up.

" I drive foreign shit, that fast shit." He said and I gazed up on him. For the first time, I noticed his long hair hair that stayed in braids was now all gone and he rocked waves, which were spinning. His dark chocolate skin was still smooth as ever and his lips.....ohhhh my god. He still toward over me and I could tell he had been working on his physique cause he was no longer skinny but was built. My thoughts were interrupted by his deep chuckle and I looked away quickly from embarrassment.

"I missed you too Nicki."