"The chase down"

"I'm so fucking tired man. Today literally kicked my ass."  I said as I walked to the door flipping the open sign to closed. "I'm proud though, I did 12 heads today. Aye." I said before turning around seeing the girls were cleaning up the salon. Sweeping up hairs and putting back all the shampoo and conditioners. I went to my station unplugging the flat iorns and blow dryer before hanging them up and cleaning up my place.

"I'm so glad I'm off tomorrow." Gabby said. "My hands so sore. I can't even play with my myself tonight."

"Okay gabby. Nobody needed to know that." Her sister said and I nodded agreeing with Dani.

"You nasty ass hell. On me." Ni said and I I cocked my head at her.

"Look at Nina calling someone nasty." Layla said with and chuckle and I laughed cause I was about to say the same thing.

"Exactly what I was going to say."

"And I was going to say that you and your cob web pussy can leave me alone." She said and everybody laughed and I shook my head. Everybody knew that I had never had sex since I left philly and that was years ago. I was practically a virgin.

"Nah foreal, Nicki how Long has it been?" Tina asked me and I jumped on the chair biting my lips.

"It's none of y'all business."

"Cause you embarrassed." Asia said and I shrugged. I mean, I wasn't embarrassed. It's just whenever I did tell people, people didn't believe so I just kept my mouth shut.

"It's been a good four years, five. I haven't had sex since my last boyfriend. I mean I did try to engage with people but it's just....we just never got to that point. Or level. I don't know I'm awkward. Y'all really think it's weird?"

"Hell Yeah." Nina said and I smacked my teeth.

"Nina shut up, okay I ain't goin' front, five years is a long fucking time. Like how are you even alive. You know? But that's beside the point. Having sex or sexual relations with someone is every intimate. So if you haven't felt that connection with someone to go and do that then that's not your fault. Take your time babygirl. Don't listen to Nina nympho ass." Layla said and I smiled cause she really got me on some real shit.

"Not to be in your business or anything. But how about the new dude you're seeing. Y'all seem to have a connection. And he's fine as fuck." Gabby said and I lightly smiled shaking my head.

"Yeah meek. I don't know....we just taking things one at a time." I wasn't about to tell them that meek was in fact my first love and the only man I have been. Then I would have to explain why we fell off and I didn't feel like crying.

"He's fine as fuck, his skin. Y'all would make some beautiful ass kids." Gabby went on and I felt the beat in my chest hardened. The mention of me having a child was so touchy.

"Yeah but the kid so tired, I'm finna head out. I'll see y'all tomorrow. Love y'all, be safe. All that good stuff." I love you's and "you too" were said as I went to my office grabbing mf and phone and the Dasani water bottle before leaving out the back door.

Today I was late as hell so I had to park in that ally since all the parking space at my shop was taken up. The alley was between the laundry mat and Ming's nail shop....it houses a lot of unused boxes and waist since everybody threw their trash their. I took out my car keys unlocking my door but I felt really uneasy and I looked back before a jumped, trying my hardest not to scream.

"Aye you Nicki right? You own that jawn right dere?" He asked me pointing to my shop. He didn't look like a feign or a junkie. Matter of fact he was blinged out, what scared me was how I turned around and he was just looking at me. The way he had  his skully folded and the way he was dressed you could tell he was a Philly nigga.

"Yeah you need to get your hair done or something?" I asked him tryna act like I wasn't scared. I knew well enough that the bulge in his waist was most definitely a gun.

"Nah....I'm tryna see if you know this cat...." he said walking up to me and I backed up. " chill out, I ain't finna do nothing to you. Go ahead and lower that." He said talking about my Taser.

"Who you talking about?" I asked and he showed me this dude and I shook my head. " Nah I don't know him."

"you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Ight thanks though. Good night, be safe out here okay."

"You too." I said quickly hopping in that car and I watched as he walked the opposite direction I was going too and I started my car scared shitless. I pulled out the alley before getting on to the roads and stopping at the stop sign. I saw a black Tahoe pulling out the alley and I scrunched my face because I was the only car parked there.

"Okay....nic. Calm the fuck down." I said to myself because maybe I was tripping. I kept on going straight tryna keep myself on a busy road and the car was right on my ass. I looked at my mirror and I saw the same man look out the window before snapping a picture and I started freaking out. I picked up my phone, calling the only person who would know what to do.

"Please answer....please answer."

"You have been forwarded to an automated-" I hung up before calling again and I bit my lip as It continued to ring and he finally picked up.

"Wasssup Baby."

"Meek someone is following me and I don't know what the fuck to do. They just snapped a picture of my car so I think they got my license plate. I'm freaking the fuck out." I said and I could already hear my breath being choppy.

"Damn I'm in Queens right now." He said and my heart literally dropped to my fucking ass. "Nah but calm down!"

"How am I supposed to calm down! Somebody is tryna kidnap me. Ohh my gosh, I'm way to innocent to be sold for a sex slave." I rambled on.

"Nic....you say you close to that Walmart?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes."

"Turn to it and park right there. And run into the Walmart. Okay? I'm talking about sprint to the entrance." I swallowed a big ass lump, snifling. "Don't cry Yeah? Matter of fac-" He said hanging up and then I saw him trying to FaceTime and I answered.  "Show me the car." I put the camera to my mirror.

"It's that black Tahoe."

"Of course It is, stay Straight in Washington Okay. Don't make no turns until I tell you tell. I'm getting on the interstate right now." He said and I nodded before sitting my phone in my cup holder.

"You're confusing me! Am I turning into Walmart!" I yelled biting my lip as I heard cars beeping their horn at me.

"Nah Nah. Keep going." He said and I huffed. "Chill."

"Im finna send you this address and I want you to go there Okay?"

"Meek....I do-"

"Trust me Ight, I just send it to you. Put it in your GPS. I gotchu."

"Meek Don't han-" he hung up before I could say anything and I saw his text which I immediately put in my google maps. My hands were literally shaking and I was trying my best to keep my eye on the road.

" keep right on Washington for three point miles." The GPS said and I sighed before getting in the right lane and the truck followed right behind.

"Deep breaths nic, deep breaths."