"Recap"

"Girl you looked stressed then a motherfucker." Nina said as she came over to my desk handing me my Waffle House breakfast and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Wow Nina way to make me feel better." I sarcastically said huffing. " last night was a crazy ass night. Imma just say that."  I didn't want to say too much because Nina had habit of not listening and making her own assumptions when there was nothing to assume.

"I bet cause I almost called the police, called your ass hella times and you wasn't answering your cell or your home."  I bit my lip deciding to come clean and tell them what the fuck had happened last night.

"I stayed at meek house so I wasn't at ho-"

"Hold the fuck on. You slept at who house?" She asked rolling her neck and I chuckled shaking my head.

"At Meeks. We slept in different rooms and everything was cool. I left early in the morning. See I'm walking normal."

"Hmmmhhhh..."

"Don't "hmmmhh" Cause I didn't do anything alright."

"And how did this come about? Was their a problem with you bed? That you needed to sleep in someone else's house? Like ion get it." She said pulling up a chair and I huffed as she started tapping her hands. "Should I call Layla so she can hear this? LAYS CHIPS!" She yelled out and I groaned covering my eyes.

"This nickname you have for her." I laughed crackling.

" what Nina Simone." Layla said walking in here and Nina waved her hands over and patted the seat beside her.

"This bitch slept over meek house."

"YOU WHAT!?"

"Layla...you know what I don't have time for this. I have clients today so-"

"Actually you're cleared today." Nina said with her lips tooted out.

"Yeah go and tell us about his. Finally got some dick. Charlotte web."  Layla said and I my mouth dropped before I flicked them off.

"Like I told Nina ugly ass. We ain't did nothing and I don't have webs in my shit Layla okay?"

"So how did you-"

"It's none of you business!" I yelled out sound so frustrated and I almost instantly regretted that seeing their surprises faces.

"Damn nic we was just trying to jack wit you. You ain't hav-"

"I know I'm sorry I'm just......I don't even know how to describe it." I said running my hands through my hair. They all looked at me with somewhat of a sad face. I couldn't even lie and say that meek had me fucked up....sad to say it's always been like that. I sometimes feel even if I was to be married right now and he just showed up with literally nothing asking me to be his girl again, my dumb ass would take him back.

" I mean if you need to talk we here." Layla said and I gave her a smile. She was always so caring.

"Thank you but I'm fine." I gave them a reassuring smile before I quickly opened  my laptop, pretending to be going back to work.

I heard the door shut and I thought they had both left until I looked up seeing Layla was still standing there, scaring me a little. " what lay?"

" come on....spill. Ion know about you but you never spazz like that. Well at least not on me so wassup. You slept over meek's house and what else." I was about to say something and she put her hand up to stop me. " and I don't care if y'all fucked if that was going to be your argument." I smacked my teeth cause this girl knew me better then I did myself.

"Okay so this is what happened and please Layla don't tell anybody. If this gets out it could possible put me in jail and meek for sure is going to get locked up. The door locked?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Nicki what does meek have you doing?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"No it's nothing like that...well on my side. Okay so you know how I came mad late yesterday and I had to park in the alley?" I asked her and she nodded. "Well when I left the shop this dude stopped me on some weird shit asking me if I knew who meek was." She scrunched her face and I nodded. " I know I told him no, but as soon as I got in the car I called meek but his ass ain't pick up. I pull out the alley and I just felt like someone was following me. Looked back it's the nigga and he had his phone out taking pictures so I was like helll no."  Dragging the word out, even this morning I was still shook.

"Weird ass nigga, he needs his ass clapped." I looked at her cause she had the same personality as meek when it came to situations.

"Oh my gosh lay, long story short. I got ahold of meek and he told me to drive to his house cause I kept describing the car to him and I guess it was familiar to him. He ended up shooting the man." I said and her eyes grew.

"Foreal? When I said it I ain't mean it foreal foreal. Damn meek moving like that?" Lay asked and I nodded.

"Yes and I don't know....I don't know. I just couldn't sleep last night." I said and she looked at me before getting up and giving me a hug.

"Awl Layla, I'm finna cry." I whined and she shook her head.

"don't cry, I'm assuming this ain't the first meek did this so it's not like he's going to jail or you either." She assured me but I already knew that....it was just my conscious.

"Is this your first time....seeing someone get killed?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"No.....it was everyday thing when I was in Philly that I just got numb to the shit. But I haven't been around that in almost five years....my tolerance level went down." I told her and she mumbled a damn.

"I know.....I used to hate that city for that. It was an everyday thing."

"I mean it's not that bad....it gave you the drive to move outta their and open this shop. And it gave you crazy ass meek." She said with a laugh and I had to laugh too.

"I guess so...." I looked at her wiping my face and I gave her a small smile. She was always making me feel better when I was done. " thank you for always listening to my cry baby ass." I told her reaching up for a hug and she chuckled.

"Always always, you know I love you like a little sister. Anything for you nic."

"I love you lays."

"Love you more Minaj."