{2}

set it off - why worry

i followed the mysterious boy through the halls of the school as he told me where everything was.. we rounded a corner, and i saw a giant tiger that was painted on the wall staring at me. i stumbled backward, my white sneaker stepping on a piece of paper. my eyes were closed and my arms were out, waiting for an impact that never came.

"you're just like will with the clumsiness. is your dad clumsy, or your mom?" the boy smirked, his buff arms holding me by my waist.

"i'm adopted dingbat." i scowled at his stupidity and stood up straight, using his bicep as a support beam. both of us looked down, seeing that my hand was right on his muscle.

"hmm, like what you see?" he smirked. i scoffed and removed my hand.

"in your dreams kid." i giggled as he looked at me with sad eyes.

"boo." he rubbed the fake tears away. "well, our tour's done, so now time for first period with ms. hall, who is the absolute worst."

"can you show me my locker? it's number 353." i looked at the raven haired boy. he nodded and started walking down a long corridor. i followed him while looking at my schedule, reading over all my classes. i slammed into something, and i looked up, seeing a cocky grin on the boy's face.

"don't read and walk. it's a hazard." he whispered in my ear, then pointed at my locker. "there's locker 353. i'll meet you in room 206 cutie." he waved and started walking off. i stood there, dumfounded by his actions.

"wait! where's 206?" i shouted after him. he just shrugged and turned around, walking off. i put some of my books in my locker and pulled others out. 

he called me cutie. i thought. that was weird. but he's weird too. his leather jacket is cool. his hair smells good. his freckles look like st- NO! i can't think this way. no falling in love. someone shut my locker door, causing me to jump. my brother will was standing there grinning.

"how's it going sis?" he asked, smiling as he leaned against the gray lockers. "was mike nice? did he get in trouble?" he laughed.

mike. that was his name. it did fit his bad guy look.

"he was nice. a little cocky, but eh." i shrugged, not wanting to tell my over-protective brother the truth. i immediately felt bad.

the truth was that he was very good looking and might be my first crush.

will smiled and hugged me tightly. he pulled away after a tick. "i have science now, i'll see you in a bit!" he waved as he walked down the opposite way mike had left.

"poop," i muttered under my breath. "where is that gosh dang room?!" i walked down the now empty hallway, scanning the numbers on the doors.

201...202...203...204...205...207- where is the mother trucking room?!

i turned around to see mike sitting at his desk waving at me through the window. i groaned and opened the door. all eyes were on me, and i slowly shut the door behind me, walking up to the teacher.

"you're late." she told me, peering over her glasses. i gulped.

"s-sorry, i'm new. my name's elle-" i tried to tell her, but the old fart cut me off.