{10}

p.s.a. im sick as fudge sorry for the lack of chapters 

________________________________________________________________________________

i'm still standing - elton john

i stormed into school, my short hair bouncing with every step i took. 

stupid papa and hopper for keeping me out of normal school, stupid will for treating me like a baby, stupid mike for sweeping me off my feet.

i glared at everyone who stared at me, and i felt a hand on my shoulder. my head snapped back, sending an ice cold glare at the person. until i realized that it was mike, who was looking at me with concerned eyes.

"you okay? you look pretty pissed off." he asked, tucking a curl behind my ear. i gazed at the floor, not wanting to talk.

"not here." i responded.

"that's okay, i'll meet you at lover's lane and we can talk." he told me. my eyes slowly gazed at his face, and worry clouded his beautiful brown eyes. he quickly looked around and planted a delicate kiss to my head.

"see you in a bit." i whispered, making him smile as he walked off. i went to my locker to gather my books, and max was standing there. the redhead was texting on her phone. she saw me approach.

"elle!" she squealed, encasing me in a hug. i let out a weak chuckle.

"you're squeezing really hard max." i groaned, and she let go.

"sorry! anyway, i'm here to talk to you about your date!" she giggled, shoving me lightly. i rolled my eyes.

"what do you want to know? you already know that," i moved closer to her in fear of anyone hearing. "we're dating." max put a hand to her heart.

"my mile heart! kidding, i just want to know what you did." she smirked. i scoffed.

"we didn't do it, you nasty butt." i typed my combination into my lock and the door swung open. max sighed.

"shit, well i'll encourage him." she said.

"no! don't do that!" i slammed my locker closed and faced my friend.

"why not?" she smirked again and crossed her arms.

"because i'm not ready and neither is he. we've only gone on one date for goodness sake!" i told her, and max pouted.

"fine, but what did mike and you do if you didn't fuck?"

"mike and i stargazed," i looked around to see if my brother was nearby. he wasn't. "and made out." max put her hand back to her heart.

"mile!" she screamed and ran away. i shook my head and my crazy redheaded friend and walked to my next period class.

~~~

the bell rang, signaling the end of class. i practically ran out of the room and threw the doors of the school open.

mike's waiting for me at lover's lane.

after a few minutes, i approached the place where mike and i met last night. he was laying on the grass smoking a cigarette.

"you're gonna get cancer." i told him, and he just shrugged.

"we all die anyways." he responded, sitting up as i sat down.

"i guess you're right..." i sighed, putting my head on his lap. mike ran his big hands through my brown hair, slowly untangling the parts that were knotted.

"do you wanna talk about why you were pissed off?" mike asked quietly. i sighed, rubbing my eyes.

"not really." i mumbled. mike leaned over and planted a delicate kiss on my lips.

"does it have something to do with your biological father?" mike guessed and snuffed his cigarette out on a rock. i tensed and didn't respond. "i'll take that as a yes. just tell me when you're ready." he pleaded. i rolled over so my back was to him. mike kissed my shoulder, which was covered by a tight baby blue shirt. i shivered.

"i'll tell you...i'll tell you if you don't butt in." i whispered. mike lifted me up and sat me across from him on the grass. 

"i won't." he replied.

"i was born to a lunatic father, papa i called him. he had twelve wives, and each one bore his child. my mama was eleven, so i was the eleventh child. papa killed all the boys once we all were three. he killed them in front of us by a gunshot to the head." tears escaped my eyes and ran down my cheeks. mike wiped them away with his thumbs.

"you can stop baby girl, i won't be mad." he whispered. i shook my head.

"i'm gonna finish this." i wiped my nose. "when i was around nine, my sister kali escaped. i followed suit when i was around twelve. today's the day when papa killed my brothers." i began sobbing into my hands. mike pulled me into his lap, stroking my short hair. 

"shhh, shhh baby girl. it's okay, you're okay." he kissed the top of my head and my cheek. 

"mike, don't tell anyone." i begged, and he nodded.

"course baby." he put me down on the grass and stood up. i slowly stood up, leaning on him for support. he wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my cheek again. "i can carry you if you want." i nodded and mike swept me off my feet, carrying me bridal style.

"mike? how are you not freaked out by me?" i asked mike as he carried me back to school.

"well, it's not your fault you were born to a crazy man, is it? and i know you're never gonna be like him, it's just not you. so i'm not freaked out by you, not at all." he planted a kiss on my forehead before he put me down.

"thank you mike." i whispered, and mike nodded.

"no problem baby girl. now let's go hang out with our friends." he smiled and opened the door that led to the cafeteria for me. i walked inside, mike kissing my cheek as i went by.

"let's go eat some shitty school food!" i cheered with fake enthusiasm. mike laughed and rolled his eyes, shutting the door behind us.

"so adorable." i heard him whisper under his breath.

________________________________________________________________________________

backstories are fun, huh? 

i can't write angst XD