{18}

my kind of woman - mac demarco

it's been a while since the whole 'mike and will' thing. i've been avoiding will like the plague, only talking to him need be. he's been making attempts to apologize, but i haven't been having it.

~~~

the snow ball was in a few days, and i got the brilliant idea of going to the mall in the next town over to shop for a dress. i dragged max along, much to her demise.

"why the fuck am i here elle? i'm not wearing a fucking dress." she pouted, stomping along side me.

"shut it max, you're helping me." i told her, walking into the dress shop. max and i browsed the racks nothing really catching my eye. all the dresses were super long and blue.

i want pink and short. is that too much to ask?!?!

my eyes stopped on the dress of my dreams. it had a short front and a long back, little pom poms lining the sides, and a deep cut in the side.

"max!" i squealed, making the redhead look up from her phone. i held up the dress, and her eyes went wide.

"shit elle, that's the dress." she smiled. i giggled and went to the dressing rooms to make sure it fit.

i took off my other clothes and slowly stepped into the dress, pulling it up and securing the neck. i put my hand on the handle and glanced at the mirror.

is that really me?

i opened the door to see max standing there with her phone pointed at me.

"say hi to dusty, he's on facetime!" max giggled. i rolled my eyes and waved. 

"do a spin!" dustin's voice called from the phone. i rolled my eyes again and did a little spin. "mike's gonna love it!" dustin laughed.

"now it's time for you maxine dear!" i teased, making max gasp in horror.

"i swear to fuck if you put me in a dress i will shoot you." she snapped. dustin laughed.

"nah, we'll just get her a nice pantsuit."

"you done look like hillary clinton!" dustin yelled, making max cover her hand over the speaker.

"shut the fuck up." she muttered, ending the call. i giggled and changed out of the dress, paying for it with the credit card joyce had given me for this reason only.

~~~

i was sitting at my desk, joyce carefully putting the bow around my second bun. i was finishing my light makeup, just a little lipstick and eyeshadow to match with my dress.

"there you go honey." she smiled, kissing my head.

"thanks joyce." i smiled back. the doorbell rang, and i gave my adoptive mom a panicked look. she chuckled.

"ahh, young love. i'll get it honey." she laughed, walking to my bedroom door.

"before hopper joyce!" i called after her, tying my converse.

i didn't deny the young love comment

i stood up and brushed the invisible dirt off my dress. i looked at myself in the mirror one last time.

you got this elle.

i walked out my door and into the kitchen, where a very nervous mike was talking to hopper.

"y-yes sir, i'll have her back by 12." he answered my adoptive father, gripping a sunflower. hopper just nodded. 

"relax hop, mike's alright." i said, making everyone look my way. mike's jaw dropped when he saw me, making the both of us blush.

"elle you look-" hopper started, only to get cut off by my curly haired girlfriend.

"pretty." he smiled, only to see hopper's glare. "pretty good!" he recovered. joyce rolled her eyes.

"go on, say it." she urged mike. he blushed.

"elle, you look fucking stunning." he announced, making me giggle.

"why thank you prince charming. can we go now?" i asked. mike nodded and handed me the sunflower that he was holding.

"you mentioned once that sunflowers were your favorite." he mumbled. i kissed his cheek and intertwined our hands.

"i love it. thank you mike." i smiled, walking to the door. joyce had her camera out. "joyce no!" i complained.

"just one! please!" she begged. i sighed, putting on an obviously fake smile. i felt mike's lips against my cheek and hands around my waist, making me giggle. joyce's camera flashed and she smiled. "yay!" she cheered. "go on you two, have fun!" she waved. mike escorted me to his blue truck. i hopped in the passenger seat, grabbing his hand right away.

"lesson 4. going to prom." he smirked, pulling out of my driveway and heading towards dustin's house.

"awww, do you remember that?" i gushed, thinking about my first party. he smiled and lifted my knuckles up to his lips.

"i do. and now i get to call you my girlfriend instead of some experiment." he planted a kiss on my knuckles. i giggled and pulled my hand back to my lap. we pulled into dustin's driveway, where he was standing awkwardly next to some girl. i raised my eyebrow at mike, who laughed.

"that's jay queen, she's a bit of a bitch. but old dusty's gonna try to prove us wrong." he shook his head. i stared intently at the girl, who was wearing what looked to be a dish towel to cover her modesty.

"yuck." i exclaimed. mike nodded in agreement.

"yuck indeed baby girl." dustin and jay walked over to mike's truck and jumped into the back of the cab. the girl pulled her dress down a little, showing more cleavage than necessary.

"hey, i'm elle." i smiled as mike returned to the road. i was turned around, looking at jay. 

"i'm jay." she answered and opened her purse to dig out her phone. i glanced at dustin, who just shrugged. the truck stopped and i saw max walking over in a pretty jumpsuit, and lucas following behind in a leather jacket. they got into the back of the cab too, max sitting on lucas' lap.

"elle you look great!" max exclaimed, grabbing my ringed hand. i smiled happily and returned the compliment.

"well dudes and dudettes? who's excited for prom?" mike asked, shaking his shoulders.

"if you're trying to be cool it's not working." i told him. he let out a moan of sadness and started playing sad music really loud.

this was the guy i chose?!?!?!?!
nah jk i like him a lot

well guess who nick wolfhard answered on twitter?

it me.

i have to draw a picture of finn and nick in 'adventures of box man'