{14}

lay it all on me - rudimental

i sat in class tapping my foot as i waited for that darn alarm to go off. my foot tapped steadily to the ticking of the clock, keeping myself occupied.

tick. tick. tick.

 my phone started to buzz in my bag, making me smile and raise my hand.

"um, excuse me mr. clark? may i use the bathroom?" i asked the teacher, making him turn around. 

"yes you may eleanor." he replied, and went back to his lecture about something stupid that i probably won't remember. i quickly got up and walked out the door. instead of going left to the bathroom, i took a right and went into the broom closet, shutting the door behind me.

"hi." someone said, making me jump and put a hand over my heart. it took a few seconds for me to see that it was my curly haired lover.

"shoot mike, you scared me!" i exclaimed and leaned against the door. he chuckled, showing me his perfect teeth.

"yeah, sorry about that. it was funny to see you jump like that." he told me, standing up off a bucket and hovering over me.  i frowned at him playfully. he just shook his mop of curls and kissed my nose. from the proximity i could see that he had a black eye.

"mike! your eye!" i gasped, touching it lightly. my touch made him cringe.

"i know elle, i can feel it." he muttered. i stared at his eye, sadness and anger taking over.

who hurt my mike? i'll hurt them even more! my mike shouldn't be hurt, he's the nicest around! poor mikey.

"you're in my next class, we can talk about who did this to you." i told him. 

"no, we're not." he replied.

"why not?"

"because i said so."

"that's not a good answer."

"don't care, you're not getting who did this."

"i'll find out mike, you just wait." i promised and walked out of the broom closet back to my class. mr. clark saw me walk in, and he crossed his arms.

"why'd we take so long in the bathroom, eleanor?" he questioned, making me blush.

"female problems." i replied.

that wasn't a total lie, mike's a problem and i'm a female.

mr. clark simply nodded and went back to teaching. i sat back down and went back to tapping my foot.

~~~

mike and i sat in silence for the whole class, which was very unlike us. when the bell rang, mike got up first and held the door for me, which made me smile.

"thanks." i smiled at him, making him blush and rub the back of his neck. he rejoined my side as we walked from the classroom to the cafeteria to meet our friends at our normal table. i plopped down next to lucas, and mike sat on the other side of me next to dustin.