{4}

buddy holly - wheezer

mike plugged his phone into the aux cord and scrolled through his music at a red light. he picked a song and locked his phone, putting it in a cup holder. 

"ever heard of wheezer cutie?" he asked, driving the truck along the road. i shook my head. "well, you're in for a treat." mike hit play, and the song started. the lead singer's words floated through the car radio. i looked out my window and listened to the lyrics. i had never heard of this band, but i think i like them.

"it's a good song pretty boy. i like it." i told him. mike smiled at me and tapped his fingers against the steering wheel. i swayed to the music, my feet on the dashboard. mike looked over at my position and raised his eyebrows.

"yeah, make yourself comfortable." he scoffed. i giggled and fixed my skirt. mike pulled into the driveway of our house and turned the car off. "so there's this party tonight, and i want you to come. to experience a party i mean." he looked at me hopefuly.

"unlock your phone." i told him, and he put his thumbprint on the button, make all his apps pop up. i quickly typed my phone number and name into a new contact. "pick me up at 7, and turn your headlights off, i don't know if hop'll let me go." mike nodded and both of us sat in awkward silence.

just do it elle.

 i unbuckled my seat belt and kissed his cheek quickly. "see yah later pretty boy!" i called, trying to hide my blush as i jumped out of his truck and walked inside. i threw open the door to see joyce cooking something.

"hi hon! how was your first day?" she asked me as i plopped down on the couch.

"interesting. can i have some eggos?" the toaster dinged, showing two freshly made eggos inserted.

"i'm a step ahead of you hon." she winked, and i ran over, grabbing them with my bare hands.

"hot! hot! hot!" i yelped. joyce was already there with a plate, and i dropped them on. "thanks." i smiled and grabbed the plate and my backpack. "oh, will's friend mike is going to a party, and he asked me if i wanted to go to, since it'll be my first one."

"hmm, i don't know hon." joyce sighed, washing dishes now.

"please joyce? we have off tomorrow, so i don't have school. please?" i begged. joyce sighed in defeat.

"fine fine. but will's going with you." i groaned, but agreed. i skipped to my room, eggos in hand, to do homework.

yay, homework. can you hear the sarcasm?

~~~

it was 6 and i started to get ready. i straightened my hair, put a little bit of makeup on, and sat in my chair, scrolling through insta. my phone dinged, telling me i had a text message.

unknown: hola

unknown: its pretty boy

i laughed at my nickname for him and decided to pull his leg.

ellehop: who is this?

unknown: mike wheeler, duh

ellehop: i don't know a mike wheeler.