{9}

youth - troy sivan

mike and i made out for a little longer, than i finally pulled away.

"wow..." i whispered, and giggled. mike just shook his head at my actions and leaned back, looking at the stars.

"stargaze with me." mike pleaded, and i nodded, putting my head on his arm. he rubbed my shoulder with one hand and put an unlit cigarette to his lips. he grabbed a match and caught the end on fire. he snuffed out the match and took a deep breath from his cigarette.

"look, that's the big dipper!" i pointed to the sky, and mike smiled, blowing smoke into the crisp fall air.

"now find the little one babe." he smirked. i nodded and traced my finger in the sky. 

"there it is!" i smiled, and mike kissed my head.

"god, you're so cute." he whispered, playing with my curls while the butt of his cancer stick hung out of his mouth. i giggled and hid my face in his leather jacket.

"shut up..." i blushed. mike stroked the back of my head, then stopped and pulled away.

"hold on cutie." he winked and jumped out of the bed of his truck.

"where are you going?" i asked, wrapping mike's sweatshirt tighter around myself. he threw open the doors of the cab. he pulled out a guitar case and jumped back up into the bed of the truck.

"i'm gonna serenade you baby girl." he told me, and i giggled.

"noooo!" i complained and hid my face in my hands.

mike strummed his guitar and began to sing. 

"what if, what if we run away
what if, what if we left today
  what if, we say goodbye to safe and sound
what if,what if we're hard to find
  what if, what if we lost our minds
what if, we looked and fall behind and then never found.

and when the lights start flashing in the photo booth
and the stars exploding 
we'll be fireproof.

my youth, my youth is yours
trippin' on skies, sippin' waterfalls 
  my youth, my youth is yours 
runaway now and forevermore
my youth, my youth is yours
a truth so loud you can't ignore
my youth, my youth, my youth
my youth is yours..."  

he's such a good musician.

"is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?" i asked, wiping the tears that have welled up in my eyes. mike smirked.

"yes?" he raised an eyebrow. i nodded and kissed him gently, stroking his cheek with my thumb. he slowly pulled away and began strumming. "i'm guessing you know the song you and i, right? it's by one direction." he asked, and i nodded.

"i do, why?" i mumbled, rubbing my eyes and checking my phone. 12:56.

"well, i was gonna make you sing, but you need to get some rest." he kissed my head and picked me up bridal style, carrying me to the passenger seat. i rested my head on the window and fell asleep to mike's quiet humming.

~~~

i woke up in my bed to my alarm on my phone and rubbed my eyes. memories of last night flooded my head and i looked around for mike. all i saw were my clothes from last night on the floor in a pile and a little note taped to my mirror. i walked over and read the note.

'hey, you passes out in my car and slapped me when i tried to get up lol. i wasnt being a perv i swear with ur clothes after i tucked you in you got up and changed. i covered my eyes i promise. see u soon.
mike'

i giggled at the note and stuck it in my phone case. i looked down and saw i had on my oldest pair sweatpants and a very tight white tank top.

god, what the hell half-asleep elle.

my phone dinged, and i jumped across my bed to see who it was.

mad.max: soooooo how was the date

e11e: guess who's now mike wheeler's girlfriend?

mad.max: OMGGGGGGGGGGG

e11e: this female dog

mad.max: i ship it 

mad.max: i really do

e11e: i gotta get ready

mad.max: bye 

i put my phone down and skipped to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

~~~

will pounded his fist on my door as i tied my converse.

"elle!" he yelled, hitting on the door harder. "move it!" i sighed at my annoying brother and approached my door, pulling it open.

"be quiet, it's too early for yelling." i told him and went to the kitchen to get a plate of eggos. he glared at me and tapped on his phone screen. 

"8:03! school starts at 8:15!" he reminded me, to which i rolled my eyes.

"whatever." i scoffed and walked out the front door, jumping into the passenger seat. will walked to the driver's side and sat down, quickly turning on the car and getting on the road.

"what's up your butt? are you on your period or something?" he asked me in disbelief as he drove. i slapped his arm quickly.

"no! what the poo? it's that you're being a butt yelling at me at 8 in the morning!" i screamed, banging my hands on the dash. will jumped back a little and pulled into the school parking lot.

"jeez, calm down." he tried to pat my shoulder, but i quickly got out of the car. 

"leave me alone will! you've done nothing but be an idiot!" i yelled at him again. he frowned as i stormed off into school.