{17}

arabella - arctic monkeys

i walked down mike's stairs, dragging my feet down the stairs. i was wearing mike's baggy sweatshirt as i put an eggo in the toaster. i glanced at the clock at was on top of the stove.

9:27. we're late for school.

i sighed and tapped my foot, waiting for the eggo to be done.

no way we're getting to school today, everyone's still sleeping.

i quickly pulled out my phone.

~calling max mayfield~

i jumped on the counter as i waited for max to pick up.

"hello?" max said, sleep evident in her voice.

"max. come over to mike's and stat." i demanded my best friend.

"why the fuck are you over at mike's at 9:30?!" she asked in disbelief. i could hear her moving wherever she was.

"that's what i need to tell you. oh and bring lucas, the boys are still sleeping so they can hang out. love you bye!" i ended the call and put my phone in the hoodie pocket as the eggo sprung up from the toaster. i grabbed the food and sat on mike's couch, my knee socks falling down in the process. i scrolled through instagram and looked at my latest post.

e11e:

e11e: shhhhhhh don't tell my girlfriend

e11e: shhhhhhh don't tell my girlfriend...heh

87 likes, 3 comments

mad.max: as her best friend, i am telling her

e11e: mike what the fudge dude @wheelyboy

wheelyboy: heh

i chuckled at my boyfriend's antics as i heard the doorbell. i got up, to see max and lucas waiting.

"bitch, you better spill your tea or i swear." max growled. i giggled as lucas raised an eyebrow.

"okay...? i'm gonna go wake those idiots up." he told us, walking down the basement stairs. max grabbed my arm and pulled me down on the couch.

"what the actual fuck happened?" max exclaimed. i itched my neck, my face probably red.

"after the drive in we all came back here and..." my voice trailed off as i pulled the hoodie neckline down a little. her eyes became bigger than they were already, as she was staring directly at my neck, which was lined with purple bruises.