{16}

feels like summer - wheezer

i yawned and snuggled deeper into mike's chest as the movie credits rolled on the big screen. mike tightened the blanket around me tighter and kissed my head lightly. everyone else in the bed of the truck were sleeping with the exception of will who was texting someone.

"baby girl i have a question for you." mike whispered. i looked up at him smiling.

"yes?" i replied.

"i-uh..." in the pale light, i could see mike's face had a red tint. "wouldyouliketogotopromwithme?" he mumbled. i gasped and sat up.

"what did you say?!" i asked in disbelief.

"i asked if you wanted to go to prom with me..." mike mumbled again. i kept looking at him, my eyes wide.

prom. my mike taking me to prom.

"fuck yeah!" i cheered and kissed him. mike let out a startled laugh and wrapped his hands around my waist. i ran my hands through mike's curls as he kissed my neck. that is, until i heard someone clear their throat. i moved my neck off of mike's lips and saw my very red and angry brother.

"what the actual fuck!" he exclaimed, and i buried my head in mike's neck. he laughed and grabbed something from his pocket.

"what? your sister and i were just celebrating my promposal." i could practically hear the smirk on his lips as i smelt smoke in the air.

"good god wheeler." i heard my brother mumble. i giggled into mike's neck, making him shudder. i pulled away and saw all the other cars leaving the lot.

"shouldn't we go now mikey?" i grabbed the side of the truck.

"yeah, we should." mike jumped over the side of the truck easily. i tightened my grip on the side of the truck and tried to do it. mike waited patiently.

"mike, i'm scared." i admitted. mike grabbed me by my armpits and helped me down.

"there you go baby girl." he kissed my head before covering my ears. "WAKE UP MOTHERFUCKERS IT'S TIME TO LEAVE!" he screamed. i whimpered and mike let go of my ears and placed a small kiss on my lips. dustin groaned as will hugged eddie close.

"you know what? fuck yah chicken strips." he muttered sleepily. i raised my eyebrow and mike laughed.

"it's a vine. i think we need to have a giant sleepover at my house, everyone's too tired." mike told me. i nodded and looked back at my friends.

"will they be okay back there?" i asked mike.

"yeah, the ride's not too long." he assured meas he got into the drivers seat, rolling down the window so he could smoke. i opened the back door of the cab to grab my phone. there was a green sticky note attached to my case.

mike used to eat my twizzlers too. they're his favroite. 
just.like.me.
- xoxo, mike's original baby

i frowned at the note and threw it on the pavement so mike wouldn't see it. after i jumped in the passenger seat, curling up in a small ball. mike smiled at me and turned up the heat. he drove through hawkins and into a nice street full of pristine houses. he pulled into the driveway of a house and threw his cigarette butt on the concrete.

"let's go get those assholes we call friends up." he laughed and got out. i followed his example, going to the other side of the truck. dustin was up taking a streaks picture on snapchat, will was playing with eddie's hair as eddie slept on his lap.

"will get your boyfriend up, we're going inside." mike told will. i looked at the three who sat in the bed of the truck.

poop! where's max?

"mike!" i yelled, making my curly haired boyfriend look at me. "we left max and lucas!" i exclaimed. everyone started laughing, and hard.

"t-that's fu-funny e-elle." dustin wheezed. i glared at him.

"why are you laughing?" i pouted, crossing my arms. mike walked over to me.

"because they left to go have sex. now come on, lemme introduce you to my little sister holly, if she's not in bed." he told me as he swept me up in his arms.

max and lucas have sex? huh, they really are in love.

i smiled as mike carried me inside. i watched my friends stumble out of the truck and walk into the house behind us. mike set me down in the kitchen and poked his head up the stairs.

"holly you little shit, are you up?" mike called. i gasped and smacked his arm.

"don't call your sister that, that's a mean word!" i scolded him. mike just chuckled at my actions as a little blonde girl skipped down the stairs wearing her pajamas.

"yeah mike. what do you need?" she asked, leaning on the railing. mike motioned to me.

"holls, meet my girlfriend elle. elle, this is holly. who's watching you?" mike replied, and i waved at the little girl.

"hey elle, sorry you're dating my brother he's annoying. and nancy was supposed to be watching me, but steve took her out for a date. so i'm alone." she responded. i giggled at her comment. mike shot me a playful glare then turned back to his sister.

"okay, well, have sweet dreams. we'll be in the basement if you need me." he instructed, and she nodded.

"night mike, night elle." she smiled then walked back up to her room. i faced mike.

"where are your parents, and who's nancy?" i mumbled. mike kissed my head.

"nancy's my older sister, she's out on a date with her boyfriend steve. and my dad went on a business trip and it's in florida so my mom tagged along. and yeah." he said. i poked my head around mike to check if his sister's door was shut, and then i looked at the basement door.

"i kinda just wanna hang with you." i told him honestly. mike nodded and planted a rough kiss on my lips. i kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. we kissed for a little longer, before i pulled away. "mike..." i whispered. mike's eyes were darker as we stared at each other.

"can we...?" mike asked, his voice deeper than before. i realized what he meant. "i know we haven't known each other long but i really do care for you..." he told me. i wrapped my arms around his neck.

"please." i whispered, and he picked me up and carried me to his room.

i love this man. i love this man? i love this man.