{25}

factories - pup

~trigger warning~

i sighed, gazing up at the ceiling as nancy left me and mike alone. i had my head on mike's chest, and our hands were intertwined by his wait.

"so um...when i escaped papa, i walked into hawkins not knowing where i was. i found this nice man, benny, and he gave me a burger and ice cream and called child protective services. they put me in a foster home with a family called the mulligans. hopper adopted me back when he was still single, about 4 years ago. after hop adopted me, i began to have like...ptsd. the lights flicker, and everything turns into like, a flashback. i don't know how to explain it." i sighed. 

"you did great baby girl." mike mumbled, his lips planted against my forehead. i closed my eyes, our intertwined hands resting on mike's heart.

"do you still love me the same?" i asked the curly haired boy.

"of course i still love you the same elle. that's a ridiculous question." mike said. i smiled to myself.

he loves me.

i closed my eyes as mike's steady breathing drowned out the heart monitor, sending me into a deep peaceful sleep.

~~~

"elle...honey...wake up..." someone whispered, waking me up. my eyes slowly opened, looking at joyce who was smiling at me kindly. "good morning sweetie."

"is it morning? how long did i sleep for?" i asked, rubbing my eyes. joyce brushed my hair behind my ear.

"you slept for quite some time." joyce reassured me. i nodded. "mike had to go home to change, he'll meet us at our house with karen and ted." 

"karen and ted...mike's parents?" i mumbled, sitting up and getting out of bed. joyce pulled a sweater, jeans and a clean pair of underwear out of her bag after nodding.

"go change in the bathroom, we can leave when you're done." he told me, and i nodded, taking my clothes and changing in the bathroom. after i was done, i left the hospital next to joyce. i jumped in the passenger seat.

"can i play my music?" i asked joyce after she pulled onto the road. 

"of course." i grabbed the aux cord and plugged it into my phone. i clicked on my spotify playlist that was called 'my love'. the first song started to play, and it was called city boy. i began to sing along, gazing out the window.

"i am a city boy...you are a city girl..." i mumbled, watching us pull into the driveway. a car that i didn't know was parked in the driveway, and i grabbed my phone and hesitantly got out. joyce followed me, and we walked inside to see mike, both of his sister, and my brothers sitting playing xbox.

brothers- JONATHAN IS BACK FROM NEW YORK, I REPEAT JONATHAN BYERS IS BACK FROM NEW YORK!!!

"JONNY!" i screamed, ignoring everyone else in the room and tackling my brother, who was sitting on the floor, in a hug. he laughed and hugged me back.

"hey little sis!" jonathan laughed, pulling away. "i missed you so much!" he smiled. mike cleared his throat and i looked at him.

"stop being an attention hog! lemme catch up with my big bro!" i scolded, making jonathan mess up my hair.

"oh, my sister's become a sass queen! wonder where she got it from, wheeler." i laughed as my older brother glared at mike. i got up from jonathan's side and sat next to mike, kissing his cheek.

"feeling better?" he asked, and will sat on the other side of us. 

"yeah, are you?" will asked too.

"i'm fine guys. just a little episode." i assured them, and i leaned over the two boys and waved to holly and nancy. "hey guys, sorry i got distracted." i said, trying not to blush. nancy laughed.

"no no it's fine. i'm glad you're feeling better." nancy smiled and handed the remote to me. "steve's coming ove-" nancy got cut off by jonny gagging. "shut it you ass." she mumbled, walking into the kitchen where all the adults were.

"welp, i guess i'm playing." i shrugged, putting my head on mike's shoulder. he wrapped his arm around my waist, and put his controller in both hands.

"the boys are teaching me how to play call of duty!" holly cheered. i gasped.

"no you're not!" i scolded the three boys around me. "she's not old enough, we're not playing that." i told the boys. jonathan groaned.

"you're a party pooper!" he groaned, clicking the home button and opening fifa.

"thanks." i said in a sarcastic tone. mike and will both laughed as they teamed up. holly and jonathan teamed up too. "well, then i guess i'll just watch." i threw my remote at the chair and cuddled into mike's side. mike let holly get a goal in, and i laughed at holly's cute little cheer.

"aww, you got us holl!" mike complained in fake annoyance. will let out a fake groan of defeat.

"come on holl! crush mike and will!" i cheered, and mike pinched my side.

"root for me, i'm your boyfriend!" he complained.

"root for me, i'm your best friend and brother!" will yelled.

"no, root for me, i'm your oldest and best brother!" jonathan yelled too. i pouted.

"all of you, except holly shut your faces." i told them. "holly is the best and cutest one and i love her."

"thanks elle!" she smiled, and got another goal. this time, jonathan was helping her out.

"no problem holls." i smiled and snuggled closer to mike. he kissed my head.

"i love you a lot." mike whispered.

he loves me a lot, even though i have mental illness. this is one of the many reasons why i love him so much.

"i love you too babe." i whispered back. mike gave me a quick squeeze and returned his focus to beating his little sister and my older brother.

"holly, next time slide to get the ball." will instructed mike's younger sister. my heart began to flutter.

my future sister getting along with my broth- WAIT WHAT?!

i looked at holly, who happily stole the ball away from will and ran down the field.

what am i thinking? 

happy national women's day my fellow females! keep kicking ass and slaying the game.

also, FUCKING CITY BOY